Saturday, August 4, 2012

UK Football Fan Day

This year, for the first time, Matt and I bought Season Football Tickets!
Although I admit, I am not the hugest fan of football - I do LOVE a football atmosphere. 
I recently watched the TV series Friday Night Lights, and yes, I know that it was not like watching football, as the actual games were on a fraction of the actual episodes but it honestly helped me "get" all the hype. 

I've only been to a couple of our football games, but there is just something about driving down around campus, and seeing nothing but blue.
 Feeling the true love for our University. 
Tailgates, kids throwing footballs, everyone dressed in UK gear, grills fired up, people smiling & laughing. 
Then to feel the excitement of the pending game as you find your seats. 
Then watching the games-lucky for me the last game I went to was UK vs TN and we WON! 
First time since 1984! 
Good times. 

So every year they have a fan day, where you can go 
watch a practice, and can meet the players etc. 



We asked our nephews & niece if they'd like to go, so we all piled in the truck and headed that way! 
We had fun, it was very laid back. 
Saw a few people we knew, got some posters, snacks, cotton candy. 
Found out the meeting the team, and fireworks weren't starting until a while after the practice.
After taking one look at the line to head onto the field,
and judging the time before boys had meltdowns...
Matt and I made the executive decision to go on home, so we had to miss out on the after practice fun.
Maybe next year!
Had a lot of fun though, and are looking forward to the home games! 
(We're sad the big UK vs Louisville is away this year!)














So much fun! 
Gearing up for Football Season! 
I think I need to brush up on my Football For Dummies book Matt bought me one Christmas...
:)

5 comments:

  1. This is the first year since we moved here that we didn't buy season tickets. Since baby boy arrives at end of September, I didn't think I'd be making it to most games. :) It's so much fun! My favorite part is tailgating with all the food. Haha. I could care less about the actual game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! See that's exactly how we felt! Had little ones that were too little each fall! We can definitely bring Case to some this year, and hopefully just get a sitter for Rhett. ;) When you all get them again we will have to tailgate together!!! Yes I am going to try and get into the games more this year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome. Tim and I always wanted season tickets but they never made our family "budget cut" sadly. You'll have so much fun and the boys will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lindsy! We are excited, if you guys are ever in town for a game maybe we could all go, you too Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete