Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Big Decisions

Remember this


This was his first day at Maxwell Street last year. 
Oh look how little he was! 
I just packed those shorts away. Along with the pile of  his 3T clothes that don't fit him anymore. 
But that shirt and those little shoes haven't fit in I don't even know how long! 


It's that time of year again, summer is fading away, and fall is just around the corner. 
 All the stores are stocked for back to school shopping.
(I just love a fresh box of crayola crayons and colored pencils.)
The anticipation & excitement of a new school year, new teachers, new friends, learning new things.
I swear each year I am turning more and more into a fall girl instead of a summer girl! 

So getting to the big decision:
As of recently, we were all signed up to return to Maxwell Street Nursery School. 
Where I have taught off and on since 2008. 
I decided last year, that I would be taking a year off from teaching this school year. 
With the plan of returning to Maxwell, that would mean Case & Rhett would both be in my room. 
The program is for 2-4 year olds, so starting in November we would have brothers in the same room. 
Siblings in the same room, can absolutely work. 
However, siblings in the same room, with their Momma in that same room, might not. 
Actually - I just know. It would be very difficult. I know we would all adjust, but if you have little ones you know that they are much more comfortable being whiny around Momma. If they are tired, hungry, hurt etc. 
It was difficult at times with just Case man in my room last year. Any time I would drop him off on the days I didn't work they said they didn't hear one whiny word from him. 
Your babies are just comfortable around you, and can release all that emotion. 


So as of last May, we were all set up for Case to go back to Maxwell. 
He turns 4 in September, so he would most definitely be one of the oldest there. 
Meanwhile, our home church, Southern Acres opened their very own preschool. 
Little Blessings would be launching their new Christian curriculum based preschool, come September. 

In the end, after lots of talking (and praying!) Matt and I decided that Case would really thrive in a curriculum based preschool. Maxwell is a wonderful start for little ones. It's a great place for kids to get their first taste of playing, and interacting with their peers. It has structure, and lots of fun activities. 
We felt that Case had a smooth jump start into a preschool type setting at Maxwell, but that he was ready for the next step.

So after praying all day about it, I finally e-mailed the director of Little Blessings, and much to my surprise they still had just a few spots open - and Case was in! 

I immediately e-mailed my Maxwell family, and told them the plan for Case. 
I also made sure to tell them all though, that I was certainly still interested in subbing, and for Rhett to drop in from time to time! :)

The sweet teachers, both responded so positively. I was so sincerely happy and relieved. 
Both had mentioned that they were thinking about things to do with him, to keep him from becoming bored - which just confirmed that we had made the right decision for our little guy. 

So we are all geared up and ready for preschool! 
My sister, Amy and I went school shopping together one early Saturday morning - 
and it was SO MUCH FUN! 
Love love love buying school supplies. 


Matt and I are looking forward to attending the Parent Orientation at the end of the month. 
We are actually missing the first two full days of school - we won't be complaining too much though because we'll be at the BEACH! :)
Also, very excited for Maxwell's open house for Rhett! 
Can't believe my little Rhetter man will be old enough to go there come November! 

We are all excited for this fall! 
Case is PUMPED, he keeps asking me when church is opening their school. 
:)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome - love it when things all fall into place like that. I'm sure both of them will have a blast and I'm so glad you got some reassurance and peace about y'alls decision (just love those sweet little blessings).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree Lindsy! I was such a mess after I emailed to see if there was still room for him- so thankful it worked out! By the way I am such a stalker of your facebook page, can't wait for your baby boy to make his appearance, I know you are too! :D

    ReplyDelete