Monday, August 27, 2012

First T-Ball Game, Go Big Green Machines!


                                                                                              photo taken by Nanny


Monday, August 27, 2012.
The real thing. 
Here We Go. 
Clean uniform, tucked in shirt, new baseball socks,
playing against another team...at a real genuine field.
I mean, it's a pretty big deal your first tee ball game. 
So big, that I made sure big man had a nap, so he could function for a 6:45 game that evening. 


All day it was, "I'm playing BASEBALL TODAY!"
"Case do you know SO many people are coming to your game tonight?"
(starting naming them off...)
"WOW! All the peoples coming??"

We showed up early, getting a little batting practice in. 
Then it was time. 
We walked over to our side of the bleachers, and I was just blown away by all the supporters he had. 
I literally felt so much love, I felt like I was about to explode. 
We are extremely blessed. 

Nanny, Poppy, Mamaw & Papaw drove all the way from Ashland, to come see Case's very first game. 
A two hour drive. 
About an hour or so tee ball game. 
A two hour drive home. 
4 hours for an hour game. 
Love them. 
It truly meant so much. More than they'll ever know. I know they won't be able to make every single game, but the fact that they all made the effort to come to his first game - was, 
simply heart warming. 
Bringing tears to my eyes now, as I think about it.

Mommom & Grand-Dad
Mimi (Uncle "Beel" had bowling!) Cy, Griffin & Avery 
Case was so excited, the first two people he would say when I asked him about who was coming was "Mimi & Avery??" He adores those girls. 

Joe & JJ (Neighbors but like family)  
Our friends Justin & Kelly, and their sweet girl Sydney. 
Andrew & Stephanie and their sweet baby boy Austin. 

That boy definitely had some fans cheering him on for his first game.


I'm sad I didn't get a good picture of everyone! 
I forgot my camera card in my laptop, so only had my iPhone and video camera. 
(HATE when I do that!)

Rhett was such a trooper, he sat in his stroller
 eating cereal and drinking his water for almost the entire time. 
Until Nanny asked me if she could walk him down to the other side,
 so he could get a better look at Case and Daddy in the outfield. 
I was hesitant at first, as I know as soon as you get him out, there is no getting back into the stroller for him. 
However, I quickly gave in, and so glad I did. 
He had a blast walking back and forth with Nanny & Poppy. 


 Okay, now for some quality pictures. 
THANK YOU NANNY! 

Following pictures taken by my talented Mother in Law, Sally...












I could look at these forever. Sweet, perfect memories that I know we will cherish forever! 

After the game, they had their little team meeting, and team snack. 
Then Case got to come & finally see all of his "fans"!

He was one excited little boy!

Okay back to iPhone pics eek!





Saying Good-bye to his Ashland family,

What a fun, whirl wind of a first game.
It flew by for me, running around taking video, snapping pictures with my phone, and talking to
our sweet family and friends that could make it.

I am so thankful for such a wonderful time, and that Case loves playing baseball.
Matt and I are so proud of him, he's growing up so quickly!



Getting a players drink from the concession stand, was probably one of his favorite highlights of the night!
He was pumped...and hilarious!
Crazy!

 

I think our sweet boys were missing each other tonight after the big game.

They were SO HYPER when we got home!
Combine all the excitement of the game, plus a sweet team snack, plus drinks after the game,
and Mommy & Daddy reliving the whole thing with him on the way home...the boys were just wild!

So off to a bubble bath they went, and didn't take long after that for them to both be snoozing in their beds.

What an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment