Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

Last year, since Rhett was still a teeny tiny little thing, we decided to have a non traditional Thanksgiving dinner with my family, and he and I stayed behind on the traveling to Ashland. I wasn't up for traveling yet, so Daddy and Case headed on down solo. 

This year though, I was excited that we got back to our traditions, I love the holidays and this time of year, mostly because it brings us closer to the Christmas season!

We headed to Amy and Tim's for lunch on Thursday, she made a perfect turkey in her roaster, along with mashed potatoes and green beans. I made some Southern Living homemade macaroni and cheese (Amy gave me the recipe - and it was yummy) also brought the sister schubert rolls. Mmm. Mom made some Lemon Ice Box pie, and there was of course pumpkin pie and brownies. We had a great time spending time with family, boys watched football, Case had a blast with Avery, poor little Rhett missed all the fun - but was happy napping in a pack n play in Griffin's room. ;) I took full advantage of getting Avery's Christmas list straight from the source (she is so adorable). By the end of it all, we were all in a full belly coma. 

 Soon after, we got some caffeine and geared up for our trip to Ashland. Earlier that week, my friend Kara asked Matt and I if we wanted to join her and Kevin for the UK vs TN game that Saturday. Lucky for us Nanny & Poppy agreed to watch them for us, so we planned for our little men to stay an extra night.

Sally and Mamaw made all the wonderful food for us, Sally cooked all day the day before so she was able to relax most of the day Friday. We lounged around all day, which is always nice, Case got to spend some time with Mamaw and Papaw at their house (he had an absolute blast!) and it was fun getting to see Kelli too! We missed seeing Erica and Eric this trip, but excited about seeing everyone together for Christmas.
Then later, Case and Daddy had some manly bonding time - and Case shot his very first BB gun! 



One proud little man, I know one Daddy that was proud too. 



Like Father like Son. Melts me. Won't be long before there's a third little guy walking along in this picture. :)


We had a wonderful time with all of our family, so SO so much to be thankful for. 
God is SO good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment