Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall Freezer Paper T-Shirts

You know to be honest, I'm not even sure where I found this idea, I do know it was before I discovered Pinterest... maybe on a blog?
Anyway, I know this has been around forever, in fact on Reynolds Freezer Paper packaging it says right on the box that it's used for crafting. It is SO MUCH FUN.
I've made them for gifts mostly, but this is the first time I've made my boys something!

First, you find a design that you want for a t-shirt, onesie whatever you want.
(I bought these t-shirts from Wal-Mart, and usually buy the onesies from Target or Hobby Lobby)
Then you trace or draw the design directly on the matte side of the freezer paper. Then you cut out the design, I've used teeny little nail scissors or a scrap booking razor blade with just a piece of cardboard underneath.




I googled "Fall Applique's" since they are always simple and so sweet, and then I drew my version, making sure to leave space between the section so I could cut out my "stencil".

Then I used the same method as I did with my Mr & Mrs Banner I did for Kara's Wedding. :)



Let 'em dry and...





You've got yourself a couple of cheap, easy fall t-shirts!
I LOVE them! I was a little worried about washing them, as I have never seen what they have looked like after being in a washer and dryer. To my surprise though, they turned out great! A touch faded, but it actually looked great, even more like something you would buy in a store - a vintage look almost.

I love them! The boys' wore them to church this last Sunday, and they looked pretty stinkin' cute if I do say so myself. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Precious. Pretty sure if I attempted something like that it would NEVER turn out that cute. I love them though - really cute.

    ReplyDelete