Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rhett's First Birthday!

Rhetter's had a pretty normal day on his actual birthday, he woke up like normal, went to school like normal, napped like normal, played like normal, and went to bed like normal.





Little man was so tired by dinner time, we decided against giving him a special birthday treat - we knew he had a birthday party coming up that weekend though, and since he celebrated the weekend before we knew he wouldn't be too disappointed. ;)

However...there was ONE exciting thing that happened on his first birthday, somebody got to turn their car seat forward and sit like a big boy!


He was so excited! Daddy turned it around that night before, after he was already in bed. So when I buckled him in to head out for school, he just kept laughing and cheesing at me! 
Then kept looking at Case like "Hey, look big bro! I'm riding like you!"

We were excited to celebrate his birthday on Saturday, and make a big deal out of it for him. 

The morning of his party, we tried to put him down early for his morning nap so he'd be awake and ready to rock by 11pm (party time.)
BUT little man decided to have a party in his crib until around 10:30am. So, he snoozed through the first hour of his party until Mommy finally went upstairs and scooped him up! 





















That's right, our Christmas lights and decorations are already up outside! ;) Waiting to decorate inside until after Thanksgiving though!






 That evening, we made sure to sing to our little man, and give him another cupcake just for him :)





This might be my favorite picture from the entire day...HA! :)




Here's a video of the birthday boy eating a little cupcake, complete with Matt getting hot wax on his lip from the birthday candle. Eek! Lol! :) Oh and please excuse my horrible loud awful singing. :)

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! Looks like he had a great birthday!! Did you know that they actually recommend infants staying rear facing until 2 years? When Eli was little our pediatrician told us this, and I know just this past year the AAP came out releasing the statement. It's not the law or anything, just what they are now recommending. Wasn't sure if you had heard that or not...just thought I'd share. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I have heard something about that, but that they hadn't changed the law yet. I can't imagine keeping him facing backwards until he is TWO! Ah! I just love that he is facing forward, I feel like I can see him and keep an eye on him! We have his 12 month check up on Monday, I'll ask my pediatrician what he thinks. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete