Monday, March 7, 2011

Potty Training

Potty training has been on my mind lately.

Mamaw and Papaw got him a potty seat, and I have been anxiously waiting to feel like he was ready to start trying! With baby Rhett on his way, I kept postponing it, knowing that I just wasn't ready to handle all of it quite yet!

But...now that Rhett is almost 4 months old and on a wonderful schedule, and Case's vocabulary is expanding every day I really feel like he is ready to start telling me when he needs to use the potty and I am so excited!

Today was a BIG day! 
We went over to Kelli's for a play date today, and I knew Case needed to use the potty. (Number 2 to be exact) and I asked him if he wanted to go "Poo poo on the potty" and to my surprise he repeated me instead of his usual unenthusiastic "No". So...Kelli quickly told me they had a potty seat in the upstairs bathroom so I ran as fast as I could and plopped him down. 

and...

HE WENT POO POO ON THE POTTY!

I know that this post is so unglamorous, and if this blog is still around when he is sixteen years old that he will be utterly mortified...but it is so unbelievable exciting! This is a huge milestone for our little man! 
He is getting so big!

I made such a big deal out of it, clapping and screaming and making him give me high fives and fist pumps that I woke up a napping Rhetter man! Oops!

He got a Sponge Bob sticker that Kelli had laying around, and let me tell you - he was one proud two year old. :)

We will be going to get some big boy underwear tomorrow, and will be having potty training boot camp this week. I am fully preparing myself for tons of accidents, stickers, frustrations, but most of all smiles, claps and proud moments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment