Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 1 of Potty Training

Day 1 went pretty well!

We went out to Wal-Mart in the morning and bought some big boy underwear, pull ups and stickers. Between the familiar Thomas the train, Diego, Toy Story and Cars he picks the Spiderman, Hulk Superhero ones. So funny because he has never even seen a cartoon or anything with those guys on it. I let him pick whatever he wanted though, and I couldn't wait to see his teeny tiny little tush running around with Spiderman on it! 

We were still wandering around the store when I realized we could probably meet Daddy for lunch, so we called him and luckily he could make it.We got to show off his brand new big boy underwear!

So by the time we were on our way home, I figured I would just wait until tomorrow to start or at least until after nap time. However, when we got home I went to change his diaper before nap time and he was dry. So, I asked him if he wanted to try and... 

HE PEED ON THE POTTY!

I was SO excited and proud! He ended up peeing all over the place because I asked him to wait and try while I made Rhett his bottle, but it counts! 
(Poor guy if he ever reads this haha!)

So, after lots of praise and a big ol' sticker, we went down for a nap with a pull up on and I decided right then and there - no more diapers. 

We had two accidents in the evening, he was so upset and cried. The second time it happened I thought he had hurt himself he screamed and cried so loudly! Then we had two successful potty trips! He made it to the potty while screaming "Pee Pee! Pee Pee in the potty!" and running to the bathroom! 
Ha! I'm so proud! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment