Monday, March 14, 2011

Potty Training Day 1,395

Well, really it's day 6 but it sure feels like we have been potty training for that long. 

However, little Case man is doing much better! We had one epic accident over the weekend, that caused Matt to say "So, how'd you spend your Saturday night?" Ha! 

Other than that though, he has been going #1 and #2 like a champ. He's still pretty panicky when he feels the need to use the potty, but afterward he is very excited and tells us that he went over and over again! But oh my word the whining. He has been super clingy and won't even let me leave the room. I'm not sure if it's just because this is a big change in his little life, or because he feels like he needs me in the room in case he needs to go or what. As soon as we have this potty training thing down though we will be working on our independence again. 

Besides, he is a big boy now! 

  I woke up at 2am this morning to...
"MOM! PEE PEE IN THE POTTY! MOM!!!!" 
...and to my surprise he actually peed. He has been "using" this potty thing a little to his advantage to get out of nap and bedtime lately, so I thought he was just crying wolf again. 

I can hardly believe it, but I haven't changed a diaper since last Tuesday. I have been cleaning up accidents here and there, and changing the occasional pull up but the last few days he has been dry after nap time and bed time. (Right now we are letting him run around naked so he can go as soon as he needs to. It's hilarious seeing his teeny tiny butt running around the house.) I know that after all the drama and exhaustion fades away it might sink in that I have a little boy who is old enough to be potty trained. Eek!!! I don't know if I like it...but I sure like the fact that we are only going to have one in diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment