Saturday, October 2, 2010

Case's First Day of "School"

I can't believe it's already here! I can't believe Case turned two and can now attend a Mother's Morning Out Program for 2-4 year olds. (The very one I taught at while pregnant with him!)

We went to visit on a Monday, in preparation for the following Thursday when I would leave him for the first time. Tuesdays and Thursdays are short days, only 9am-12pm. I had a Doctor's Appointment at 10:30 so I thought it would be the perfect first day for him to attend!

Thursday morning rolled around and I was so excited for him! He did so well visiting on Monday, I knew he would have so much fun playing. When we walked in and I signed him in, it was so weird for me! I felt like I should be introducing myself to all the parents, and helping wash the kids hands before they came into school, playing cars and blocks with all the little ones that were coming in to play. It was so different being just the parent instead of the teacher as well!

Case ran right in and started playing with the matchbox cars. I stayed a few minutes and talked to my former co-workers, then I said "Good-bye Case! I love you, have fun at school!" and left the classroom.

As soon as I got in the car it hit me! This really was his first day away from me other than with family, friends or at the church nursery. This was kind of a big deal! I made sure my phone was turned up in case they needed me, and then ran a few errands before my Doctor's appointment. 

(Doctor's Appointment went well!  I made sure Case was allowed to come visit in the hospital after I had Rhett, and everything about my pregnancy is still right on track!) 

It's funny how hard it is to find something to do when you have the free time! I called my friend Kara and was able to have a quick lunch with her and her Mom very close to Case's "school" it worked out perfectly and I got back just in time to see Case helping put the bikes away on the playground.

I walked through the gate and he spotted me...he lit up and started yelling "Mama!! Mama!!" and ran as fast as he could into my arms. I was literally a puddle of melted mush right there on the playground. :) 
Both teachers told me over and over how well he did! 
"He didn't fuss at all!"
"He sat so well for story time and snack time"
"He did so good!"
"He is so cute!" 

My heart swelled with pride as I scooped up my two year old, picked up the tissue butterfly he made during art and we said "Bye Bye" to the teachers! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of our little guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment