Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Waiting Game

Well, now all we have left to do is wait.
 Well, that and lots of nesting to do. Actually not really nesting, just flat out cleaning. This baby in my belly makes it hard to do normal cleaning. Like for example, mopping and cleaning the tubs. I'm hoping my wonderful hubby will help me with some of these things this week. ;) 

I had my first weekly appointment today! (I'm 36 weeks and 2 days) I couldn't WAIT to hear what Dr.Youkilis was going to tell me about this baby. After waiting for him to deliver a baby real fast...(how amazing is his job??) he checked me and revealed that I am in fact... 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced

Woo hoo! 

I had a feeling I was at least a little bit dilated, this baby is so low and I have been having a ton of Braxton Hicks contractions. I asked my Doctor if he could guess when he thought baby would come what he would say, and he said "Hmm Fifteen Days." I asked him if he just made that up and he said "Yes!" Ha! He of course can't say when baby will come, that is up to Rhetter man. 

I was SO giddy to find out there was some progress though, and excited because I am only 36 weeks, so he might just come early like his big brother Case! I'm not getting my hopes too high though because my big sister was 2 cm and 50% effaced for two entire weeks with her second baby! 

So, for now we wait. 
(...and pack the bags) 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment