Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Toddler Vocabulary!

This is a probably a pretty boring post, it's more for me than anything! Case is getting closer to two, and we've been thinking more and more about his vocabulary. I've started to talk to other Mom's and I've read a little bit about where he should be at his age.  All of his words aren't crystal clear yet, but he definitely gets his point across. All of the experts say as long as he is pointing, (which he doing as I type) and letting you know through some sort of communication what he needs and wants then he is right on track. (They also say boys aren't in a hurry like the girls are to talk) :)

We aren't worried, but I was curious to see how many words he actually knew by writing down all the ones I can think of off the top of my head - a lot more than I realized! (He can just about repeat anything you say these days...these are just the one he knows as of right now...and he can understand much more than what he can actually say out loud)

Wow, do I sound like a Mom or what? Ha!

Can't wait for him to talk more and more!

Mama, Mom
Dada, Daddy
Gu-er (Gunner)
Doggy
Mimi
Bee (Uncle Beel)
Dy (Cy)
Gri-in (Griffin)
A-ery (Avery)
Mom-mom
Gran-da (Grand-Dad)
Gran-ee, Gran (Granny)
Nanny, Na-na 
Paw (Poppy)
Mamaw
Papaw
MaPaw (When referring to both ha!)
Ga Ga (Kara)
Kewl (Kelli)


JOOse (juice)
Drink 
Cheese
Tur-key
Chick-en
Apple
Uh Uh Uh! (points and asks for anything else)
All Duu!! (All Done!)

Dum Truuu (Dump Truck)
Tractor! (Always yells it) :)
Car
Bus
Bii - Truu (Big Truck)
Bay-ball! Bay-Ball! (Baseball Baseball!)
Ball
Bat
Boa (Boat)
Airpaay (Airplane)
Foo ball (Football)
Ba-eh-ball (Basketball)

Horsey!
Cow
Chick-en
Turk-ey
Zee (Zebra)
Giraa (Giraffe)
Tig-err 
E-phant (Elephant)
Roarrr (Dinosaur)
Bir (Bird)
Squirr (Squirrel)
Meow (Cat)

ShOOse (Shoes)
A shir (Shirt)
Haa (Hat)
Saw (sock)
Di-pa (Diaper)
Hea (Head)
Ayess (Eyes)
Ers (Ears)
NOOse (Nose)
Mou (Mouth)
Be-eh-bu-to (Belly button)
Tows (Toes)

Tank youu (Thank You)
Tear oh go (There You go)
HereIaaam (Here I am)
Tear you are! (There you are)
Uh Oh!
Is okay (It's okay)
Ho Ohoo (Home)

Baw (Bob)
Ba (Paci) - Takes a parent to tell the difference in those two :)
Bruh-er (Brother!) Melts my heart!
Bay-bee (Baby)

Huge Smile = Yes
Shaking Head = No

1 comment:

  1. That is one impressive list of vocabulary words. I love it!
    Mommom

    ReplyDelete