Friday, July 9, 2010

It's a...

BOY!


Our appointment was at 10:30am, Case and I were waiting in the ultrasound room, and Daddy met us soon after from work. There was only one couple in the waiting room before us so I was excited that we wouldn't have to wait too long!


Case was being cute playing peek a boo with himself in the mirror when the receptionist asked me to fill out our family health history, and before signing it I realized it said "No children under the age of 5 are allowed in the ultrasound room"

"Matt! Look at this!"
"Um, that sucks"
"Oh my gosh, I had no idea...do you think they will maybe let him in?!"

No one was at the desk at the time, but just a few minutes later our ultrasound tech called my name and I asked her if Case could come with us, she said "I'm so sorry but he's not allowed in the room"

It absolutely broke my heart that Matt couldn't come with me, we were looking forward to seeing our sweet baby and finding out what it was together!

Well, she sets me up for the ultrasound, and I let her know that we'd love to find out the sex if she was able to find out.

"Would you like me to hide the sex from you and then put it in an envelope so that your husband and you can find out together?"
"Oh my goodness, yes! Thank you so much that would be perfect!"

Well, she measures all of the body parts, baby is about 13 oz and I was measuring at 20 weeks and 6 days, which would make my due date November 19 instead of the 23, but since they were so close they didn't "officially" change my date. Baby was so sweet in there, and had the most precious profile!

Well, through the whole thing I couldn't help but wonder if I saw something - or lack there of. While measuring the baby's head I asked her if she already knew what it was, and she said "Oh yeah!" Well, then I was totally confused because nothing on that screen showed me anything for sure!

Well, after I cleaned all the goo off my belly, I walked to the desk and she said she was out of envelopes so she folded the picture in half and put tape on it...I flew out of the room and said...

"Come on Matt! I don't know what it is yet, lets go look!"
(At this point the waiting room was full and I wanted this to be our moment, so we went into the hallway)

"Okay Matt, you get to open it because you weren't able to come in the room"
He opens the picture and practically yells,
"BABY BOY!!!"
"AHH!! REALLY!?? I thought it was a girl the entire time because I didn't see anything!"

I was so unbelievably giddy from then on, I was talking super fast and was so excited I couldn't contain myself, I know I was smiling ear to ear!

Our nurse told us that boys were much easier, and our Doctor was so happy for us! He also told us that I was completely healthy, he wasn't worried about a thing, and that the ultrasound was beautiful.
Always so good to hear!

We are so thrilled to not only have another sweet baby boy, but to give our big baby boy a little brother. I will be totally outnumbered but I would not have it any other way.

I absolutely love my boys, all three of them! :)

p.s. We're pretty set on the name Easton, but are still working on a middle name :)

No comments:

Post a Comment