Saturday, May 5, 2012

Thunder

thun-der (n)
1. a loud, explosive, resounding noise produced by the explosive expansion of air heated by a lightning discharge.

Around 1 am last night, Matt and I were fast asleep, when I woke up to,
"MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 
(booming of thunder and bright flashes of lightning)
"Mommy!!! MOMMY! Mommmmy!!!" 

I opened my eyes just in time to see Case sprinting into our bedroom and opened my arms just fast enough to sweep him up into my arms. 

I shushed him, and rubbed his tiny back and arms. 
He laid perfectly in the bend of my arms and buried his face into my neck and shoulder. 
"It's okay sweetie, it's okay"
Matt woke up to all the commotion, and we assured him that he was safe. 

As I closed my eyes again, his breathing calmed and he was soon fast asleep snuggled up against me. 
Every time the thunder boomed again we would hear a faint little whimper, and he would hold me close again. 

Half asleep, I kept thinking we should get him back in his bed, as we do not normally let him sleep with us.
Matt checked the radar though, and said it would still be a while. 
So I decided against trying to get him back to sleep in his own room. 
 

I couldn't help laugh as I kept picturing him hearing the thunder, and saying to all of his stuffed animals, 
"EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!" 
as he ran as fast as his little legs could take him into our room! 
HA!
 As we were settling back down, I realized how this was such a wonderful opportunity to pray with Case. 

I asked him if he was scared, and if he would like to pray. 
"Uh huh"

We prayed that God would help Case to feel safe, and that he would help Case to always remember how much He loves us and will always protect us. 


There were a few other big thunder booms throughout the night, Case would almost panic and then relax as soon as he felt my arms wrap around him. (Matty could sleep through a hurricane ;)

Have to say it wasn't the best night's sleep I had, but I will never forget these little moments. 
Also, won't forget the hyper wild kid that woke us up at 7 am on the dot! 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment