Sunday, September 4, 2011

First Day of "School"

Well, Maxwell Street Nursery School has started back up this year. The same one that I worked at a few years ago, and the same one I worked at while pregnant with Case. Then, I decided to stay home with my baby boy, and didn't return the following year. I have always kept in touch with the Director and the teachers though, and subbed for them when I could.

So, I e-mailed the head teacher a few days ago and told her not to forget to send us a Open House Letter for Case man this year, and that I could sub! We started e-mailing back and forth a little bit, and she asked me if I would be interested in teaching on Tuesdays & Thursdays if their numbers went up. I quickly responded "YES!"

Well, days went by and they still weren't sure what the numbers were, she told me she would let me know as soon as possible. The Open House rolled around, so I brought my boys, Case dove right into the toys, and Rhett was wiggling like a crazy monkey trying to get down and play with everything! By the end of the open house, the director offered me the job! Woo hoo! It is SO perfect for us. It's only Tuesdays/Thursdays from 9am-12pm. Case gets to come for free, and Rhett gets to stay in the baby room while we are there for a ridiculously discounted rate. 

Such an amazing blessing for us!

I, of course was SO stinkin' excited to be a nursery school teacher again. I just love it. I still remember all of my little babies from all of the classes a few years ago. I'm already in love with our little class this year, the program is for 2-4 year olds, but this class is full of little babies that just turned two. Case is the oldest one in the class! There is one little boy is just a few months younger than him so I think they might become little buddies. 
I'm also excited to get my creative juices flowing again for crafts, and decorating the classroom.
I am just so thankful! 

 Rhetter bug stayed with Kelli and my Mom the first week, but he'll start coming next week, I think he is going to have so much fun being around little guys and girls his age! 

Case and I's first day was Tuesday, August 30th and let me tell you, I had one excited little boy. 


I found a little backpack at Old Navy on clearance, and the boy wanted to sleep with it on. 


Found this idea on Pinterest (my new addiction) and would LOVE to keep this going through the years with our boys! 

He did SO great on his first day, he played so well, helped pick up the toys, sat nice and still for snack time, and had a blast on the playground. I'm hoping that he will continue to share his Mommy like he did the first week, I'm sure we'll have a day or two or fifteen (hope not) that he will realize his Mom is there and not paying him 100% of her attention. My sister also taught at Maxwell when her boys were little, Griffin was about Case's age in the class with her, and she said there were some days where it was pretty hard. (Another reason Amy and I are total twins! Ha!)  I know we'll have some tough days, and probably some sick days getting exposed to all kinds of new germs. That's just part of it though! :) 

Here's the little man after his first big day at nursery school: 




So much fun!

1 comment: