Friday, September 23, 2011

Third Birthday

My sweet baby boy turned THREE yesterday, and we had such a fun day!


The night before his birthday, we made baseball cookies for him to take to "school" for snack time.





Little brother wanted to help! :)



Then Mommy decorated the cookies while Daddy put Case to bed.
(You should have seen my first batch of cookies, they were as thin as crackers and burnt yikes!)

Then, after we were sure he wasn't getting up to go pee pee again, and was actually asleep I blew up a bunch of balloons to put in front of his room...


So on his birthday morning, when Matt and I heard the first "Mooommmmyyyy" we crawled out of bed, grabbed the camera and captured this: 

His face is saying all sorts of "It's way too early for a picture with a flash" 



Then, we headed downstairs for his birthday breakfast. 






I made Daddy take some pictures before he left for work :) 

Then the boys and I headed out for school, baseball cookies in tow. 
After handing out our special treat, Case's little class sang Happy Birthday to him, and he got to wear a super manly crown while it all went down. ;)




He had a great day at school, then we headed home to take naps. 
After naps, we waited for Daddy to get home, and for Mom-mom & Grand-dad to come over to watch littlest man so we could take Case to his VERY FIRST movie for his birthday! 

The Lion King was released in 3D for 2 weeks, and we thought that would be a super fun birthday idea, especially since we aren't opening presents or celebrating his birthday until next weekend for his party!









Case did SO WELL! We got him a Kid's Popcorn Snack Pack, put on our 3D Glasses and he watched the entire movie, he kept taking his glasses off and saying "All done" and had to pee twice during the movie (ha!) but he had so much fun, and wasn't wiggly at all! He watched most of the movie without the glasses on, but at the end there is a scene where it is raining, and we convinced him to put them back on, and he held out his hands and tried to catch the rain - it was so cute!

When it was over, he kept saying "I wanna watch it again! I wanna watch Lion King again!"

On the way home, he also said...
"I had fun at da movies"
"I wanna go see Rhett"
"I wanna go see Mom-mom and Grand-Dad"
"I'm sleepy"

Pretty sure our sweet three year old had a very fun day, we are so proud of him and so thankful that God blessed us with such an amazing little boy. 

Matt and I stayed up and watched Grey's Anatomy after Case went to bed, then Matt headed off to bed, and I stayed up for a little while and looked at my old facebook albums of Case when he was a newborn - and not going to lie I teared up! It's just hard realizing that he will never be a baby again, he'll never be one again, he'll never be two again. It's like saying Good-bye to each year! 


Happy Birthday sweet boy, the day you were born was the day I became a Mommy, and I will be forever thankful that you changed my life. 

We love you so, so, so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment