Thursday, November 4, 2010

Surprise!

Last Saturday, my sister Amy told me she really needed me to come pick out fabric for Rhett's quilt. We laughed about the fact he would be here soon so she HAD to do it that day! 

She picks me up with Avery, and tells me she is dropping Avery off at a friends house before we go. While Amy was walking around the van I asked Avery where she was going and she shrugged her shoulders! I didn't really think anything of it though. We had talked about getting Starbucks, and even though we passed it I really didn't think anything of that either. I figured we'd just swing by after we dropped Avery off.

Well, the further we got I start to tell Amy that this is where Kelli and Anthony live! Then she pauses in front of a house next to Kelli's and I was worried because the little girl that lived there had been one of the girls that had been a bully to Kelli's daughter Teagan. Then she keeps pulling up and parks in front of Kelli's house. 

Me: "What? Is Avery going to play with Teagan?"
Amy: "No"
Me: "What? That's Kelli's house right there..."
Amy: "I know"
Me: "Why is your voice getting all high, what's wrong with you?"
Amy: "You're going to Kelli's house, Surprise!"

Then it clicks...

Me: "Amy you nerd!!! Oh my gosh!" 

Then Amy grabs a gift bag out of the back of her van, and I'm just laughing! 

When we walk in, you could sense something was wrong. Kelli meets us in the doorway and tells us that Zuri, Shauna's daughter was having a bit of an emergency going on. Poor thing was playing on a chair and it fell over on top of her, trapping her. It had landed right on her brow bone and her entire eye was purple, swollen and she was crying. :(  Everyone was making sure she was okay, I felt so sad for her! You could tell she was just miserable. Shauna and her Mom decided it would be best to go ahead and take her to the ER, especially since she was starting to act sleepy. I would have done the exact same thing with Case.

Half way through the shower, Shauna let us know that Zuri was okay. It was just a bad bruise, no need for stitches and there were no fractures. Thank goodness! Poor baby girl! 

I was so surprised and touched that Kelli had hosted a shower for me. There was yummy food everywhere, and gifts piled high. I couldn't believe it. Then, Matt called and let me know that his Mom and Mamaw were on their way but their GPS had taken them downtown instead so that would be late. It meant so much to me that they had come into town for me! I was so genuinely touched, and had NO idea! I had just expressed to Matt that I was so worried about the fact that we had ZERO diapers and a baby due in less than a month! I made him pick up some diapers on the way home one evening, but I could not understand why he kept blowing me off and didn't seem worried about it! Now I know! :) 

Our family and friends blessed us beyond belief. We have SO MANY diapers, wipes and other sweet baby boy things now. We were absolutely blown away. My friends and family will never ever know how much this shower meant to me. I will remember it always.


No comments:

Post a Comment