Thursday, November 4, 2010

37 Weeks, 2 Days

Well, I had my second weekly appointment today. 
Not much to report!

I am still measuring right on track, and I only progressed about 1/2 a cm. I am now 2 cm dilated and still 50% effaced. I asked him if Rhett had "dropped" yet and he said his head was RIGHT THERE, but hadn't quite dropped yet. 

It was a very quick appointment today, he just said he'd see me next week and then we'd start talking about inducing options if it came to that. Come on baby boy, don't be late aren't you ready to meet us? ;)

I feel a little differently about the end this time around. I'm not as anxious or ready for him to "JUST GET OUT ALREADY" like I was with Case. I know how much I missed feeling Case rolling and squirming safe inside my belly. I think I'm trying to soak up these last moments of my pregnancy. Plus, I know how difficult the first few weeks are, and I have moments of pure panic when I think about trying to balance everything. I know though, that it will be indescribably amazing to add Rhett into this family. I could just cry when I think about seeing him for the first time and holding him in my arms. I can't wait to hear that first cry and look at my husband in all of the wonderful chaos. I can't wait to hold him against me and smell his newborn skin. I can't wait to see Case with his little brother, and having that moment when I look at my two sons together for the first time! It will be unreal. I can't wait. Matt and I are getting SO excited!

So sweet boy, come when you are ready. We are waiting, and can't wait to see that sweet face.

No comments:

Post a Comment