Saturday, November 13, 2010

Oh My Word!

A lot of things have happened since my last post! 

While grocery shopping on Friday, I didn't hear my phone and realized later Matt had tried to call me a few times. I called him back without reading my text messages or listening to my voice mail. He told me he was at lunch and he'd call me right back, but asked me if I had read his text. I told him that I hadn't, and he said well I'll call you in a few. So, naturally I hang up and go read my text message.

This is what I read:

Matt: "I canceled the seminar for next week :)"

Liz: "What what what what what???????????? So we can have a baby on Tuesday?!?!?!??!?!?!"

Matt: "Haha"

Liz: "Call me asap!!!!!! :)"

Matt: "Yep. We'll talk about it in a bit. I was thinking Thursday. I'll call you after lunch."

Liz: "Ahhhhhhhhhh okay!!!!!!!!"


OH MY WORD! 

After we talked we decided that we would call the Doctor and have him set up an induction for Thursday. That way Matt could take two days off and then have the weekend off right after. The nurse from the office set it up for us, we were to be at Labor and Delivery Thursday morning at 7:30am. 

So, needless to say I am on the phone for the next few hours letting everyone know, making plans for Case, taking care of all the little details. 

Well, then my Doctor's office calls me back and lets me know our Doctor will actually be out of the office Thursday afternoon, so we changed it to Wednesday! Ahh!

I can't believe it! I can't believe that we have a date set up to meet our baby boy. It's so amazing to know that we will be holding our son this coming week. However, it's also very strange to know that we won't have to wait any longer than Wednesday, that we actually know when he's coming!

Last night (Friday the 12) I started to have some pains in my back like I did when Case was on his way. (I had back labor with him) They were very far apart and inconsistent but they lasted for about an hour. I was almost sure they would keep coming and that we would be headed to the hospital early! I waited as long as I could then woke Matt up at the hour mark, but they ended up just fading away!

I'm not convinced either way with what this little boy is going to do. Family and friends, even Matt seem to think that he will arrive before our scheduled induction. I have no idea what to think anymore, so I've stopped guessing. :) 

I'm starting to get a little nervous about the whole thing, just everything about the unknown. What will this labor be like? Will it be longer or shorter? How will I do this time, how long will I push, what time will he be here, how will the induction go? 
All the ifs and whats have been flooding my mind lately. I cleaned like a mad woman today, I have an unhealthy urge to have everything perfect. Matt thinks I'm crazy :)
It's funny though, I've been so wrapped up in handling everything myself but on the way home from our date night tonight, I asked Matt if he ever has moments where he says to himself "Duh, why haven't I talked to God about this?" That's exactly the moment I had. I've been trying to handle everything all on my own. As soon as I remembered that I could pray and talk to God about it a wave of relief and relaxation took over me. How could I have forgotten that I have him looking out for me and that I can always hand things over to him. I am so thankful, it's an indescribable feeling to know I always have God to turn to.

So, Matt and I will praying about our induction date. Praying that everything will go smoothly, and safely. We cannot WAIT to meet and hold our baby boy. We are so excited for Rhett to meet his amazing big brother Case. We are so blessed to be welcoming another baby boy into our hearts and into our family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment