Thursday, November 11, 2010

38 Weeks, 2 Days


 I didn't know what to expect for my Doctor's appointment today. I was so scared to think I had progressed because it would just make me sad if I hadn't! It's so strange "waiting" around for this baby boy. Especially since Case was early, and everyone seems to think I'll be early with this guy too! But when? How early? When is he coming?!

I DID progress though, I'm now at 3 cm! He didn't say I was any more effaced, so I'm assuming I'm still at 50%. Then he asked me how I felt about inducing. I told him I didn't have a problem with it, at all. However, my husband did have a conference in Cincinnati next week, and he would be leaving the evening of the 16th. He laughed and said, "Well, the 16th would have been the first day we could induce. We can set you up any day after the 16th because you'll be 39 weeks."

MAN! So basically, if Matt didn't have this conference right around D Day, that means I could have a guaranteed baby boy next week! Dang! The conference is an amazing opportunity for Matt though. I'm so torn. It's a conference that doesn't come around every year, and the fact that it's only an hour away is amazing as well. Also, if Matt is able to make it for the entire conference he will be the only engineer in his company that will have the skills for this new program. Soo of course, I want my hubby to have this wonderful opportunity. It's just frustrating that it has to be next week!

Soooo, we're just waaaaiting!

1 comment: