Thursday, May 15, 2014

37 Week Check Up

I had my 37 week check up yesterday, 
My Doctor was apparently double booked all this week, 
so I was worried about how long it would take in the office, but wasn't too bad thankfully. 


I always look forward to the last month of weekly appointments, 
it's one step closer to meeting our baby, 
and it's so exciting to see if I've progressed any. 

I have been having braxton hicks, that were getting pretty intense, 
so I had a feeling I would be further along. 
 
I have also come down with another sinus infection, 
so I was anxious to ask him about that as well.
Can't push out a baby, not being able to breathe through your nose!!! ;)

Well, we discussed some medication I could take for my sinus infection,
then I told him about my contractions.
To which he replied, "Hmm, I'm guessing you're 3cm then."
Before checking me he asked if I would like my membranes stripped, 
it was like a gut reaction response, "Um yeah!" 

I was afraid it would hurt, but he assured me to just tell him to stop if I was too uncomfortable. 
It wasn't too bad, besides the fact I thought I was literally going to pee on him.
Which I told him, and he laughed and said "Please don't" Ha! 
It was just so much pressure. 
Oh and I was 3 cm, and 70% effaced. 
Progress! 

He told me I would spot for a day or two, and told me he'd probably see me in a week. 

Ahhh!! 

Sooo, it was also a full moon yesterday, I was trying to not get too excited, 
but I couldn't help to think we might see some serious action that evening, 
and that we might be meeting our little girl very soon.
However, besides some serious cramping
(Like worst menstrual cramping ever, for HOURS)
I wasn't having contractions. 
I think I had a hand full of tightening, painful braxton hicks throughout the entire day and night, 
and they were an hour or more apart. 
 I do believe she has dropped lower though. 
All day with the cramping, I felt like she was literally burrowing down inside of me. 
That evening my stomach looked like a completely different shape to me, 
and my belly button seemed much lower to me than it had been. 
Matt agreed, that it looked different and lower.

Well Matt and I stayed up late watching TV, 
and then I finally settled down into bed and fell asleep. 

I'm starting to loathe bedtime, as I can hardly sleep. 
Between heartburn, a huge belly, not being able to breathe, or having to get up to pee multiple times a night, 
it's just not much fun. I dread it every day. 
I also am convinced God knows that Adley will be up around 3:30-4:00 am every morning, 
because I wake up like clock work right around this time. EVERY DAY.
Body must be getting ready for it. 

I woke up with one painful contraction, and then nothing else.
I was a little crampy again in the morning getting ready to work at preschool, 
and besides just normal aches and pains, haven't had any action AT ALL today. 

After reading more about stripping membranes, 
it sounds like it will only work if your body is ready, 
so apparently Miss thing is still content. :)

I have my friend's wedding this Saturday, and my Sprinkle with family and a few friends this Sunday.
Wondering if I'll be making them! I hope so! 

It will drive you crazy, this not knowing! ;)

I'm hoping she either comes very soon, or waits until after Case's preschool graduation next Thursday, 
I would hate to miss that! 
We all know a baby decides when it's time to come though, 
and I'm going to try very hard to be patient! 

Hee!! She will be here before we know it though, can't believe how fast this last month is flying! 
Love you so much already Adley Kate, we can't wait to see your sweet face and snuggle you. 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment