Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas with Uncle Ryan & Aunt Va!

Well this year, Ryan and VA are living in Florida! 
Wonder if they could be considered professional students yet? 
Hee! 

They flew in early afternoon, and everyone headed to our house around 5. 

When everyone showed up, I was still making brownies, as I realized when I started making them I was out of flour AND sugar, and Matt wasn't home yet. 
Spinach dip was baking, and chili was warming back up as Matt had made it all the night before. 
So everyone was munching on the spinach dip, 
when my nephew was making fun of one of my previous years sets of brownies - 
the Spoon Brownie year. (Yup, you guessed it the only way you could eat them was with a spoon- and they came from a BOX...oops!) I was teasing back when...
"AHHH!!! MY BROWNIES!!!" 
Totally forgot about them in the oven. 
I quickly looked at the time, seeing that it had already gone off without me hearing it, which meant who knows how long they had been done??
So this year instead of spoon brownies, they were a little crumbly. 
Maybe next year I'll get them right?! 
I swear I'm better when I'm not under pressure. :) 

So besides the brownie mishap, we had so much fun. 
The ladies stayed in the kitchen talking while the boys watched football. 
Then it was present time! 
Virginia made our boys t-shirts with their initials and capes sewn onto the back. 
Oh my goodness, SO cute and the boys LOVED them! 
They spent the rest of the evening running around the house yelling, 
"SUPER CASE! SUPER RHETT!" 

Like I say every single year, the time spent with all of us in one house was nowhere near long enough. 
Especially since right now we only see my big brother and Virginia once a year. 
So we soak it in, and look forward to when we see them again! 



No comments:

Post a Comment