Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Morning





After driving around to see the Christmas lights and coming home from Ashland,
we had our traditional Sunday evening with Joe & JJ. 
Sonic and game night...well more recently added the game night...
but this particular night, I finished wrapping presents! 

Monday, on Christmas eve, we went to the candlelit Christmas Eve Service, 
and later we watched A Christmas Story and played Apples to Apples with the J's. 
That evening, after saying Good-bye to Buddy Dude the elf 
(he goes back to the North pole you know, and comes back next Thanksgiving)
 I had just sat down with Case to read him a bedtime story, 
when all of a sudden we heard jingle bells. 
His eyebrows went sky high, his eyes were as big as saucers. 
His jaw dropped, and with a hint of nervousness, started screaming, 
"AHH!!! He's here! I have to get in bed Mommy! I have to GO!" 
I could not help from laughing, as I tucked him in! 
"Okay Mommy, Good night!"
We prayed the fastest prayer I've ever prayed as he nodded along with me, urging me to finish 
as fast as I could. 
"Okay, Case stay in bed, and go to sleep or he won't stop here!"
"Okay, Mommy! I not go ANYWHERE, I stay right here! Night!" 

Oh I love the magic of Christmas.
 
And finally, it was Christmas morning. 

This year (probably the only year this will EVER happen, ever) our boys slept past 8:00am! 
I woke up around 7:30am, got a shower, started a pot of coffee, turned on the Christmas lights, and quickly wrapped another Christmas presents of Matt's that I had forgotten was still in my truck! 

I was just turning the corner near the stairs when I spotted Case, 
complete with bed head, rubbing his eyes. 
"Good morning, Case! Do you want to see if Santa came?" 
"Ughhhnnn." 
(Which is "Leave me Alone" in grumpy. I am fluent in grumpy four year old) 
The grumpy boy went away as fast as he came though, 
as his little mind remembered the excitement that awaited him down the stairs. 

Matt rolled out of bed, and we scooped Rhetter's out of his crib. 
I had already set up the video camera downstairs, so we all made our way down the stairs together. 


 ...and let the ripping of wrapping paper begin! 








Daddy got an indoor remote control helicopter, all of us are obsessed with it! It's so fun! 

Later, after everything was revealed, the boys didn't waste any time actually playing with their favorites. 
Our morning was spent playing play dough, and feeding dinosaurs pop-tarts. 







...Mommy played with her camera, and Daddy played with his new helicopter.

Our cup runneth over. 

Love our sweet babies, 
the innocence and magic of these first years of Christmas, 
and most of all
for the ultimate gift, 
the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Such sweet pictures. Love Rhetter's jammies and love that you speak fluent grumpy 4 year old. Are you fluent in 5 year old grumpy too because if so - could you come down here and help me when our kids don't want to share with as it turns out = way more often than I care to admit! Ugh. Anyhow - super sweet pictures and how awesome that you got a shower and coffee prior to present opening?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! Oh girl. I understand, I swear they are either best friends or going at it. There is no in between! Ha!

      Right?? I can't BELIEVE they slept in so long on Christmas!

      Delete