Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First day of Preschool at Little Blessings!


Back in August, we were so excited to sign Case up for 
our home church's brand new preschool, Little Blessings. 

You can read about it here, where we made the big decision.

After missing the first official day,
 since we were playing on the beach...
it was fun to get to come home to something exciting. 
Case's very first day of his new preschool. 

Mommy stayed up late the night before, packing his lunch box. 
Making sure his folder was tucked inside.
Making sure his change of clothes was labeled and ready to go. 
Writing notes to myself not to forget the ice pack in his lunch box. 

That morning, Case was so excited! 
I offered to make him his recent favorite breakfast : pancakes. 
To my surprise though, he only wanted cereal with milk on it, thank you very much. 
The marshmallows in the cereal might have had something to do with that decision. 
:)



After breakfast, and getting socks and shoes on. 
We had our before the first day, photo shoot. 
Something that I'm sure will become standard tradition.


 I just love that Bob the dog is still making appearances. 
He still sleeps with Bob, and every now and then Bob makes it into the car. 
Today was one of those days.



"Excited to go to school!"



Back to school dance moves. 


Daddy called while we were getting into the car. 
Wanted to tell his big boy to have a fun on his first day!



Okay, seriously Mom. Enough with the pictures. 

I had to remind Case to give Rhett & I a kiss Good-bye.
 Case is in the same  4 year old room on Sunday mornings at church - 
so it was no biggie for him to be dropped off.
Although, I honestly don't think it would have mattered much if we weren't in the same building.
He's usually up for anything. At times shy, but for the most part he's not one to look back.

 So Rhetter and I got back into the truck. 
I should clarify, Rhett reluctantly, while kicking & screaming got back in the truck. 
He did NOT want to leave. 
He wanted to go to school too. 
He did NOT understand why big brother got to stay and play, and he wasn't allowed to. 
As I bucked him into his car seat, through tears he shouted, "I wanna go! I wanna pway!" 
"Cay! Cay-se! Cay!"

Um. 
Broke his Momma's heart! 

We came home, and I finished up some cleaning I needed to do. 
Rhett sort of wandered around the house, playing here and there. 
I had turned on a movie for him, and after cleaning up the kitchen, I found him like this...

I think he was a little depressed not having his big brother around. 
Bless his sweet little heart! 

Rhett perked up when it was time to go pick up Case. 
"Rhett, you ready to go pick up Case from school?"
"Hee!!!! Hehehhehe!" (running to find his shoes, so we could get out the door) 

...

After picking Case up from the car line (which is AWESOME by the way) 
turns out he had a wonderful first day! 
All I could really get out of him was "It was fun!" but that's him. 
He's just not a detail story giver, takes after his Daddy. 
I'm working on that though, on both of my boys! Ha! 

It was so much fun to pull out his folder, and see all that he had worked on. 
He had already practiced his letter and numbers on the first day.
I hung his first day art projects right smack dab in the middle of our fridge.

We are so thankful that Case can attend a new preschool,
with church friends, and amazing teachers. 
Thankful that it's Christian curriculum. 
That what he learns at church, will be reiterated in school. 
Thankful that he will be practicing writing, and letter sounds. 
Thankful that he loves it.
 
Thankful, thankful, thankful.



No comments:

Post a Comment