Saturday, August 20, 2011

9 Months


Just look at that cute little stinker! 

We had our 9 month check up on Thursday, whenever we arrive I always pay the co pay and schedule his next appointment. She was asking me when I would like to make it since it was the week before Thanksgiving and I said "What about that Friday?" then she said "Okay, just didn't want it to interfere with his big 1st birthday plans" WHAT?! He's only three months away from his first birthday?!?

It took me a few minutes to calm down from the shock, and to schedule it for the following Monday instead.
Seriously? His next appointment is his 12 month check up?


Well, little man is doing great. His heart murmur is completely GONE! We are so blessed! 

On to the good stuff: 
Height: 28 1/2 in
Weight: 19 lbs 10 oz
Big boy!

He had to get a second round of a shot, and we also had to go the lab this check up for his anemic screening. The shot was quick and relatively easy, he screamed, but only for a few seconds. The finger prick though? OH. MY. WORD. Bless his sweet loving heart. I remember when Case had to do it too, and it is just so hard to watch. Not only does the prick make them turn bright red and scream bloody murder, the poor nurse has to hold their hand down and squeeze and squeeze and squeeze drops of blood out to get enough for a sample. Eeek. 

It was over before we knew it though, and he was totally enthralled with the band-aid attached to his finger.

Oh, and I have to brag about big brother for a minute.
Case was such a big helper during Rhett's exam, our Doctor even let him wear his stethoscope to listen to Rhett's heart. 
Well, as we were leaving, our Doctor told Case to make sure he got a sticker. When we left the room, Case was looking at all of the stickers and deciding which one he wanted. 
Then Dr. Latham said, "Case there are some over here, want to see?" 
He picked one out and when he tried to put it on Case's shirt he said "No, that's for baby Rhett!"
"Well, not many big brothers pick a sticker out for there little brother's first. That was very nice, Case" 

Then Dr. Latham looked at me, smiled and said "You are doing a great job." 

Such a simple little sentence, but meant the world to me. 
 Especially, when some days I just don't think I'm doing anything right. Like the days when my two year old is testing me to my wits end, Rhett is fussy, and clingy. The boys want the same toy all day long, and I'm repeatedly telling Case not to push his brother and to share. I'm putting Case into time out multiple times for throwing things, or being too rough with Rhett. Gunner is knocking everyone over. Everyone is crying. Yeah, those days. But then, someone says something like that, and my confidence is built up again, and I remind myself that I am doing the best I can. It also reminds me just how unbelievably blessed I am to be a Mom. 

I was so proud of my boys, Rhett was so smiley and sweet, and Case was such a big helper and great big brother. 

Update: The Doctor called late that afternoon with the results from the screening. It turns out Rhetter's is mildly anemic. His numbers are a little bit low so we need to drop in some Vitamins with Iron into his bottles and baby food until his next screening. (Case had to do this too, and was fine by his 12 month check up. We are hoping Rhett is the same!)

No comments:

Post a Comment