Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ramblings

It is FREEZING today. 
Weather.com tells me it is 43 degrees outside, but that it feels like 36. 
It is May. MAY
(sigh)

Thank goodness we had beautiful weather last weekend. Matt and I worked so hard on the yard, and it looks so much better. 
We actually put landscaping fabric down beneath all of the mulch this year, so hopefully we can win the war against weeds this summer! I worked a little, but not nearly as much as my hubby. He unloaded two truck loads of mulch, spread it out, mowed, helped me move bricks, and we even added another mulched area in our backyard. (The whole back corner, Gunner's favorite place to bark at people as they walk by) So far we've only had to re-do a few places where Gunner has already tried to rip it up. UGH!

I had a bunch of really great pictures...pictures of the mulch, our yard, the beautiful Iris on the side of the house, and an awesome shot of Case in perfect dusk lighting eating an orange popsicle in our front yard. However, they are lost. Lost in wherever lost pictures go when I ruin the memory card somehow. Matt tells me it's because I didn't "safely remove the hardware before removing it from the computer."
Broke my heart.
I mourned the pictures for about 10 minutes, and then told myself to get over it. I am just SO VERY thankful I had recently uploaded all of my Easter pictures etc before this little tragedy happened!

I'm hoping to recapture the pictures...if it is EVER above 50 and if it EVER stops raining! 
Tomorrow looks a little promising : 64 degrees and partly sunny.
Shew. 

In other useless news, I am ridiculously, unbelievably, annoyingly addicted to the Angry Birds game on my iPhone. I hate those stupid pigs that smile at you when you don't kill them. UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment