Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day was going to be both rough, and special. I had a heavy heart thinking about my cousins losing their Mom days before Mother's Day. Prayed a lot for them through out the day.

This Mother's Day, we were dedicating our sweet Rhett at church. We were so excited to dedicate him, and to also have Nanny, Poppy, Mamaw and Papaw come up to see it as well. (I also had fun making a slide show to play before the service of all the kid's pictures that were being dedicated!)

The morning was a little bit crazy, Matt helps out with lights so he always leaves the house around 7am every Sunday morning. So, I got Case, Rhett and I all ready (including a bath for Rhett, ironing, and packing the diaper bag) by 9 o'clock to get to the church early to go over how we were going to walk on stage etc. Shew! :) ...I even wore a dress! Ha!

We got there just in time to get Case into class, and to hear the plan on what to do during the service. All of the parents and little ones were lined up in a hallway to wait to walk across the stage as our Pastor Cameron read off our names. It was so funny hearing all of the noises of babies and kids, as us the parents hushed them and waited in there for about 15 minutes, so cute!

Nanny brought her fancy camera and was able to get a few right after we walked off stage!




Thankfully, after going across the stage we were able to hear the service about Mother's on Mother's Day. It was amazing. :)

Afterward, we gave Mom her gift and tulips at church and then all went out to lunch at Cheddar's.
Then, Nanny, Poppy, Mamaw and Papaw all came back to our house so we could give Sally and Mamaw their presents and tulips.

After that, we went out to Gratz Park for an Art Festival they had going on that weekend. It was so much fun, beautiful arts and crafts, Nanny bought Case an adorable hand made wooden car. Case even fed a few goats and a sweet baby cow! (I know it's called a calf but I think baby cow sounds so much cuter!) and the best part...Case got to ride a pony! ADORABLE! Rhett was an angel the entire time, and quietly hung out in the stroller. :)





 (We were waiting on Daddy and Poppy to pick us up) :)

We had such a wonderful day, Matt took the boys and I out to dinner just us, it was the perfect ending to a perfect day.

Then  I heard this sweet voice say "Happy Muder's Day" and it made it even better. 


I felt (and feel) so unbelievably loved by my sweet husband, our boys and our family... and also reminded of how very blessed I am to be a Mom.
I love the two boys that made me a Momma so much I can't hardly stand it. I hope they always know how much I love and cherish them, and will forever and always.





Thank you Case and Rhett, for making me a Momma, and making me who I am today.
I love you both SO very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment