Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Half way to a year!




Our sweet sweet Rhetter man is 6 months old today! 
I cannot BELIEVE he is already to the half way mark to his first birthday! 

He is such blessing, he makes us smile and laugh every single day.

Rhett is almost sitting up, our Doctor assured us today that he is well in the range of normal for gross motor skills but isn't leading the pack - but reminded us that bigger babies take longer sometimes :) He is still measuring 2 months ahead!
I think it's just because he's so content in watching his big brother run around like a crazy person he doesn't really care if he's sitting up all by himself, he just leans on his exersaucer and watches Case (and Gunner) in complete awe. Last night at bath time, Rhett was just cracking up at Case playing and splashing, melted my heart!
He's also only rolling over from his back to belly, but not vice versa. Again, I swear it's just because he's such a mellow and content baby!

Stats:
His growth is right on track, he's still 90th percentile in height and he's 50th in weight. He's long and lean, built for speed as our Doctor says!
17 lbs 1 oz 
27 1/2 in long

At his 4 month appointment in March, our Doctor discovered that Rhett had a heart murmur. He said it was a flow murmur. He told us that this particular type of murmur usually goes away on it's own, and that he would check it again at his 6 month appointment. Well, that was the first thing I asked about when he came in. It had been in the back of my mind ever since he mentioned it that day. He listened to Rhett's heart carefully, and reported that it was definitely "on it's way out". He explained that they rate them 1-6, and at 4 months it was a 2, and now it was a 1. Woo hoo! Matt has a heart murmur as well, his Mom told me last night that he has a "functional" heart murmur and he had to see a heart Doctor until he was five years old! I never knew that! Matt just shrugged his shoulders when I asked him about it! Men! :)

The shots made him scream and scream, which always breaks your heart! He was smiling away quickly after though so that always helps ease a Momma's pain. Our nurse was so sweet today, she told me she used to always leave the room crying after she gave babies their shots when she first started! I know I would be the same way :(

The past 6 months have flown, I really need the next 6 months to slow down. I am SO not ready to be planning a first birthday party! I wish they could stay little forever!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe our boys are getting so old!! Seems like just yesterday we were waiting anxiously for their big arrival and here we are 6 months later!! Let me know if you figure out a way to slow time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It really has FLOWN!!! Oh I definitely will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through Sarah's. Funny how I keep finding more and more friends who blog. I can't believe he's 6 months old! Time does fly!

    ReplyDelete