Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sick Days

My boys are sick. 

I had anticipated that the first time my children were both sick at the same time would be difficult --- boy, was I right.

Case has woken up with a fever for the fourth day today, Ranging between 100-102°. Poor little guy was absolutely miserable. He was crying that pitiful cry, whining all day long. The kind of whining that doesn't even grate on your nerves though, because you know how horrible he feels. He was dressed in layer upon layer and still chattering. He couldn't decide if wanted to be in my lap, or lay flat on the floor just wailing. Broke my heart.

Little Rhetter man hasn't had it as bad as his big brother. He just has a little cough, and was pretty congested. He couldn't keep his morning bottle down from all the congestion so that had me worried. Thankfully, he ate just fine for the rest of the day. 

I have been thanking God for such an easy baby this week. I don't know how I would have given Case all of his much needed cuddle time if Rhett was super high maintenance. Instead, he just cooed and smiled and stared at his pudgy sweet hands all day long unless he was sleeping or eating. Bless his sweet heart.

It has been awful! I hate when my babies are sick!

I took the boys to the Doctor (BRIGHT & EARLY) this morning, to find out they both have a little respiratory virus. Our Doctor assured us that it should mend itself in just a few days. I can't wait for that day! 

What's even worse than having kids sick? Being sick along with them. I caught the fever today, and knew how Case was feeling. I had 4 shirts on, a sweatshirt, fleece sleep pants, socks, and still chattering underneath a down feather comforter. BLAH! NOT FUN! 

I took some medicine, and somehow managed to get both of my boys to take a nap this afternoon, and slept along with them for an hour. I feel much much better now. The boys are both working on their 3rd hour of napping. Two napping children at the same time is probably one of the most peaceful things ever when you are a stay at home Mom! :)

Hoping my little ones feel better soon, especially since the forecast this week is in the HIGH 50'S!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment