Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Gunner!

Look at that teeny tiny little thing!
(He is only a few days old here! Maybe 2 days?)

Hard to believe that in just a year, he turned into this big ol' sweet thing...


He is still a rotten wild crazy puppy sometimes, but he has the biggest heart in the world. When his shoulder was hurting him a few months back, they had to sedate him to take a few x-rays. The techs at the vet told me that he was the only dog they had ever seen still wagging his tail while going under. They said he was just the happiest dog and wanted them to know that even half way under anesthesia! 

He still thinks he's little and tries to fit into our laps (we let him as best as we can.) He is so sweet and patient with both of our boys. He plays and chases Case but somehow always stops just in time before completely bull dozing him. He gently sniffs and licks Rhett on the head, we know it won't be long before Case and Rhett are both running around with him! He checks on both of the boys when they are crying, and whenever I have been sick or upset he's always right by my side. Him and Matt play like little kids, and he sleeps in the funnest positions. He always sneaks into our bed at night, I still don't know how we don't notice a 80 something pound (maybe even 90 something not sure) dog getting into our bed in the middle of the night! He still loves me after I accidentally slammed his tail in the door on Sunday morning. (I cried all day long, I felt so terrible!) Minutes after, he was already wagging his tail again and licking me to death. He follows me around wherever I go, and gets so excited when Matt gets home from work he can't stand it! He lets Case put matchbox cars along his belly when he's napping, lets Case jump off on him, lay on him, sit on him like a horse. He is the most patient dog I have ever seen when it comes to our little boys. How can you not melt when you see a 29 lb two year old sitting on his humongous dog while watching cartoons?

It has been a wild little year with him, but we are so in love with our big puppy.
Happy Birthday boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment