Monday, February 21, 2011

All Better!

In the words of Case, I think we are "ALL BETTER!" 

It got just a little worse before we were better. The day I drug myself into the Doctor, Mom came over to watch the boys for me. I woke up absolutely miserable- worse than the first day. I was dizzy, achy everything hurt. I scheduled an appointment with my Doctor at 11am. While I was gone, Mom said Case asked to take a nap. (That is how you know you have a sick little boy) After picking up my prescription, Case was still asleep and I decided I better take a nap myself. About an hour later, Mom woke me up to tell me Case was very hot. He woke up with fiery red cheeks, and was SO hot to the touch. We took his temperature and it was 103.7. 

I immediately gave him his next dose of Ibuprofen, and went ahead and called the Doctor. They had said to give them a call if he seemed to be feeling worse rather than better - and I figured this constituted just that. While waiting for a nurse to call back, we rubbed him down with a wet washcloth, and took off a layer of clothing. About 20 minutes later his fever dropped a degree. When the nurse called back, she said it was pretty normal for a virus to strike a fever like that, and to just keep the fever down. He would be fine.
Eventually, the fever came down to just a mild one and he seemed to feel much better too. A few hours later his cheeks even seemed back to normal. Mom thought for a while that he might have had fifths disease. (Which scared me to death when she said that, the last thing you want to hear is your child's name next to the word disease) but it is just a virus that consists of fever and bright red cheeks. 

He seemed to feel better each day, my antibiotics were definitely kicking in, and Rhett still has a little stuffy nose but hasn't gotten worse! (Matt has been so lucky and missed all of this!)

This weekend really helped us, we took it very easy. The little boys and I stayed home from church on Sunday, just in case Case was still contagious. His nose was still a little runny and I didn't want to share the germs, or pick up any new ones this weekend!

Today we are feeling much much better, thank goodness! I'm hoping to exchange our double stroller this week, so we can venture out to the park one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment