Monday, April 5, 2010

Baby #2

Baby #2! 

Holy Cow!

Matt and I had decided that we wanted to start really trying for baby #2 around April. We had gone back and forth between trying then or in the fall, but we both decided that we were ready sooner than later. (Although, we hadn't been preventing anything since January)

Well, I was getting pretty anxious and excited that April was just around the corner! I began looking up my favorite pregnancy websites again, brushing up on ovulation dates, pregnancy symptoms, the first trimester etc. Though all of this, I realized that I was a few days late. I didn't think anything of it, but mentioned it to Matt.  

While cooking dinner, I was super moody and emotional (sorry Matt! :) and that evening Matt told me he thought I was pregnant. 

"You are so pregnant" Matt says, smiling from cheek to cheek.
"No I'm not! I really don't think I am"
"You are so pregnant, I just have a gut feeling that you are" 
"You're crazy, but I guess I'll get a test tomorrow"

I bought a 2 pack pregnancy test, and of course the first one was a dud. (The second one I took with Case was a dud and it scared me!) So I threw it away and told myself I wasn't pregnant anyway, and that I would just take the second one the next morning.  

However, that afternoon, I went in the bathroom and the second test was right there on the counter so I went ahead and took it. It was a bright blue positive almost immediately. I didn't know what to do! I had butterflies in my stomach, I was shaking, I was shocked, nervous,  excited, happy, shocked, ecstatic, giddy...did I mention SHOCKED? 

I just kept holding it saying out loud "Holy Cow, Holy cow, HOLY COW!" 
I found my phone as quickly as I could and called Matt. 

"Hello?"
"I'm PREGNANT!" 
"Really??"
"HOLY COW MATT! HOLY COW! I'm PREGNANT!!! You were RIGHT!"
"I know!" 

It went on like that until he finally had to get back to work :)

I was so shocked all day long, I didn't know what to do with myself! I suddenly looked at my toddler differently, he was now a big boy, a big brother! How was he going to handle a new baby in the house? Would he take to him/her? Would he be sad? Would he be jealous? How am I going to handle two kids? It's so scary and exciting and crazy! 

I have to say though, even though I haven't quite wrapped my head around the fact that we are in fact having a second baby, I feel so blessed that it happened without all of the trying, and the constant wonder. Matt and I were so excited about trying for Case, but it was difficult at times because it took about 6 months, and I had several disappointments and false hopes. It was heartbreaking seeing that negative sign over and over, so I feel so lucky that we could skip all of that this time. 

God has blessed us with this second baby, and we are so happy to be welcoming another addition to our already wonderful family. Case is unbelievable, and I know without a doubt in my mind that he will be an amazing big brother. 

Can't wait to meet you Baby #2. 
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment