Monday, April 26, 2010

Our Baby Waved To Us Today!

Well we had our first ultrasound today for Baby #2! 

(9 Weeks and 6 Days)

We were so excited, it still didn't seem "real" until today, something about actually seeing your baby and talking to a Doctor really confirms reality! 

Well, this is sort of random but, I've had a lot of people jokingly ask me "What if you are having twins!".  It made me so nervous! Not that I wouldn't be happy with whatever God blessed us with, but my goodness that would be a surprise! My niece Avery was convinced, and Mom even had a dream I was having twins! 
I was almost convinced that the ultrasound would reveal two teeny babies inside my belly. 
Then...Matt asked me while we were walking to the Ultrasound Suite 

"What if we are having twins?"
"What is with everyone asking me that??"

Well as soon as the ultrasound began, I asked the technician...
"There's only one baby in there right..."
"Well....." she said, and paused.
(I almost had a heart attack right then and there)
"I only see one baby in there" she smiled. 

 Shew, I have to admit I was very relieved. I think God knew I couldn't handle twins, a puppy and a toddler! :) 

The ultrasound was absolutely amazing. With Case's first ultrasound, I went in at what I thought was 8 weeks along, but the ultrasound revealed I was only 6 weeks along and all we really got to see on the screen was a teeny tiny blob. A blob with a heartbeat, but still just a blob. 

This time though, we saw a baby! I couldn't believe it! It has a head, and a belly and it was waving to us with both of his/her hands, and his/her legs were moving around like crazy! It's so odd to see the baby moving around like that and not feeling a thing yet! Baby is only about 3 cm long she said, baby also had a very strong (and fast) heartbeat of 178. I'm also as far along as we thought I was, I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow, and our official due date is November 23, 2010. Isn't is crazy to think that we will get to meet this baby THIS year?
We met with Dr. Youkilis after the ultrasound, he was so sweet and Congratulatory. We are just so excited to start this journey again, it's very real now, and now I'm looking forward to actually feeling our little baby move inside my belly. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment