Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Subtle vs Not So Subtle

So our 3 year old is one sneaky little ninja. 

He very quietly will sneak into our bed at night, 
and Matt and I are completely unaware of his presence. 

He has his little tricks. 
I found this out, as I was up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, 
and saw him walk in one night. 
So I decided to watch.
He opens our door, and doesn't close it. 
He walks veeeerrry sloooowly to the foot of our bed. 
In literal slow motion, he climbs up, 
Matt moved around a little bit, 
and he FROZE and dropped down. 
(It was hilarious)
then he waits...and tries again. 
Then he crawls over the blankets, like a lion hunting prey, 
 then snuggles down into the blankets and lays his head down on a pillow.
Cracks me up.


...AND then there's our 5 year old. 

Kid is not subtle. 

I can hear their door shut, him stumble/stomp all the way down the hall way. 
He opens and shuts our door. 
(As if nobody was sleeping, and it wasn't 3 in the morning)
stomps right over to me, inches from my face, 
and in a completely normal voice, 
(he doesn't believe in soft voices at 3am apparently)
and says, 
"MOMMY? I need a tissue."
or 
"MOMMY! I had a bad dream"
or whatever it might be.

Thankfully the not so subtle kid very rarely wakes up, 
as he is a sleeper like his Daddy. 
Kid falls asleep in literally seconds, something I will always envy about them! 

Rhett is like his Mommy, takes him a while to settle down, 
and is a very light sleeper. 

Thankfully we've been working on this habit for the last few weeks,
started thinking it might be time, 
as I will up with a tiny hungry newborn all night soon, 
and we need the boys to sleep in their own beds. 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment