Monday, October 28, 2013

Sweet Baby

According to all the dates, and calculations,
we were all set for June 5,2014 as baby's due date!
 
Which was so exciting, as we have lots of June babies in our family!
Daddy is June 2, my big brother Ryan is June 8, my big sister Amy is June 17,
and Amy's daughter Avery is June 6th, just a day away from expected date!
 
We joked a lot about how close the due date was to Avery's birthday,
if you know Amy and I, you know we are freakishly alike,
so many random little things in our lives, but the big things too,
like we both got married at 20, have 2 boys right around 2 years apart, and as you know,
she had a daughter next.
So the bets around the family is that I'll have a girl just like her,
especially with the due date being ridiculously close to her daughter's birthday!
Too funny!
 
Well, after weeks of pretty vicious morning sickness,
(more like all day, and especially evening sickness)
SO very nauseous, and if I was lucky I would get sick and get a little relief.
Completely exhausted, achy, a constant horrible taste in my mouth,
first trimesters are loads of fun! Ha!
So, I was excited for a Doctor's appointment,
to at least get to see that sweet baby in my belly
that was making me so miserable. ;)
 
I've said it before, but there is just something about seeing that baby,
and getting real confirmation from a Doctor to help it feel a little more real.
Matt took off work and met me at the hospital,
after I dropped the boys off at Mommom & Grand-dad's house.
 
We had the ultrasound first, and then were supposed to head over to my Doctor.
I forgot about the fact that Matt and I have new insurance,
as he got a new job this year, so we had to go to the business office first.
We had to wait FOREVER as they had to contact our insurance,
and as I'm sure you know, that means a lot of being put on hold.
I was so antsy as I was just dying to get into that ultrasound room!
Well about 30-45 minutes later, we finished that all up,
(found out it will be relatively cheaper this go around, thank you insurance!)
and walked back to the ultrasound room...
 
The technician was SO sweet,
even came to check on us while we were waiting in the business office.
It makes such a difference when they are so loving.
Well a few minutes later,
we saw a wiggly, healthy baby on that screen!
 
 
I swear I could have sat in that ultrasound room all day and watched that baby wiggle around.
It's one of the most precious things on this earth.
 
Baby had a strong heart beat, 176 I believe, and we got a few pictures printed out.
Then it was off to my Doctors office for the bag full of prenatal samples and coupons.
Doctor Youkilis was so congratulatory and sweet.
He asked me about due dates, and we mentioned according to due date it was June 5th.
 
"How about your cycles, are they normal?"
"Well, they are little bit off, I think the average is about 30-31 days"
"Hmm, that makes it June 9th, as a due date..."
"What?? Nooo, I like June 5th better, ha!"
"Well, hang on, I was going to say how about June 2, that's what your ultrasound was measuring..."
"Ohh yeah I like that one! That's Daddy's birthday too!"
The PA Student in the room: "Due date, June 2nd, per patient request!"
 
LOL!
 
I had to write that conversation down, they were cracking up at me,
but you better believe after finding out extremely early I wasn't going to go back a few days without a fight, thankful that ultrasound was measuring a little bigger, because that bumped me up to 9 weeks!
Ha! But seriously, we know due dates are just a guess,
babies come will come out when they are ready. :)
(Remind me of this, as I was very impatient with the Rhetter man!)
 
So after making the next appointment, and the lab work,
we headed out, staring at our sweet baby the whole time in the elevator.
 
This was also the day we were going to announce to friends and extended family on Facebook.
We wanted to wait until after the first Doctor's appointment.
 
Matt headed back to work, and I headed back to my Mom & Dad's to get the boys.
I couldn't wait to show them picture of baby,
and before I left I posted our Announcement picture online.
(Shauna Doty took these for us the week before, we couldn't wait to share the news!)
 
 
I ended up taking my rowdy boys to the park near Mom and Dad's that day.
As I was feeling pretty good, and I knew how much they needed to run and play.
Their Momma had been pretty bed or couch ridden lately,
and it was nice to get out and about on a beautiful & exciting day!
 
 
 
Our wonderful visit, rejuvenated me with excitement all over again.
So ecstatic (and a little nervous!) about our growing family!
Sometimes it still doesn't feel real!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment