Saturday, October 5, 2013

GUESS WHAT!

WE ARE EXPECTING BABY #3!!!
HEE!!!
 
 
Holy cow!
 
You might have to move your screen around a little to see that faint line,
this one was taken late Friday, September 20.
The night before Case's 5th birthday party.
It was a little early to take one,
about 7 days too early to take a test.
I had it in my head though, that an early response MIGHT show me IF I was...
WELL...
It DID, and I WAS!
I took a test upstairs, with Matt downstairs watching TV,
honestly thinking nothing would show up,
well I saw that very light, barely there line,
and debated by myself for about 5 minutes if there was actually anything there,
or if my eyes were just making things up.
I came downstairs, and said,
"Matt. Come here, look at this."
He was not convinced, which I guess proved how
convinced I actually was, because I started saying things like,
"What?! How can you not see it?"
"Look! There's a line there, it's faint but it's there!"
"Babe! There wouldn't be ANYTHING there if I wasn't, it's a PH test!"
He said,
"I just don't want to get all excited, in case it's not!"
 
Sooo we ran upstairs, since I had another test,
and I did what anyone with a big sister would do...
I texted a picture of the test to Amy! :)
Her and her hubby agreed that there was DEFINTELY something there,
and after taking the 2nd test, (after I chugged 2 glasses of water)
and there was another faint line, Matt and I let ourselves really, REALLY believe it.
(Which by the way is just surprising, they tell you to take early tests first thing in the morning,
and not after you drink a lot of water...but that line was still showing up!)
 
AHH!!!
:)
 


Matt and I stayed up for HOURS laughing, and talking about how exciting (and sort of scary!) this whole expecting baby number 3 is!

I finally had to take a Benadryl so I could fall asleep!
(After checking to make sure my preggo self could take that, you forget so much!)
After all, we had a big 5th birthday party to celebrate the next day!

So the next morning, before getting ready for the party, I took the last pregnancy test I had,
which happened to be a Clear Blue Digital one.
There is just something about actually reading the words,
"Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant" instead of deciding if you see a line or not.

Well guess what,
after that 3 minute timer stopped flashing on the screen,
we read the undeniable,
"Pregnant"

:)

That morning after the boys were up and going, we sat them down and filmed them,
as we told them our big news!




Cracks me up, especially Case's "Not yeeet!" Sorry buddy!
Rhett was pretty interested in finishing his milk before talking about it. ;)
Also, if you look at Rhett's fingers, he's imitating me showing them how itty bity baby is, ha!

A lot of what Matt and I talked about the night before,
was about whether or not we were going to go ahead and tell everyone,
since we were going to have most of our immediate family over the next day.

Turns out we can't keep our mouths shut,
so we told Case, that he could tell everyone the big news on his big day.
(We wanted to make sure he was a part of it,
and still felt extremely special on his big birthday!)

So as soon as all of the presents were open,
I whispered in Case's ear,
"Okay buddy, you want to tell everyone our big news about baby?"
He didn't miss a beat, and shouted while jumping up and down,

"Mommy has a baby in her belly!!!"

I quickly snapped some pictures of everyone's faces,
I wish I had caught it on tape though!
Love the priceless faces though!






 
We had a great time celebrating Case's birthday,
and were excited to share the news with everyone!
We called my big brother and his wife, and Roger's daughter's that afternoon!
 
We are definitely not very good at keeping secrets!
 
Turns out, we found out VERY early,
I was only 3 weeks and a few days pregnant, when we found out,
baby didn't even look like a tadpole yet!
 
So even though, this might feel like the longest pregnancy ever,
we are so very excited to start this journey,
and add this precious baby to our family!

 

 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. So exciting and such sweet news. I love the fact that y'all thought to stop and take couple selfies ;). The video is precious - they'll be such awesome big brothers. Now - are you hoping for some pink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so excited!! I would be so happy either way, just can't wait to find out!!!

      Delete