Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Fun!

First just for fun, here's our fall mantle & porch this year!





This year for Halloween, I had planned on Case being a baseball player (since, hello, we already had the outfit)
and for Rhett go be a fireman since we still had Case's costume from when he was 2. 

That changed though, when one day I asked Case if he would like to be a baseball player, 
and he shot back with, 
"No, Mom! I am gonna be a dragon and Rhett is going to be a Knight!" 
(I mean Duh Mom!)

My mind raced back to when my nephews were little and were a dinosaur and dragon one year.
Lucky for me, Amy had saved them, so after a quick search on the internet for a knight's costume, 
Case was going to have his idea come true. 

Halloween was on a Wednesday this year, so the day before Case's preschool had a Fall Party
where all the kiddos dressed up. 
It started out with a little parade, then the kids sang their Halloween songs they had learned. 
Then back to their classroom for snacks and a little Halloween craft. 
Even Mommom and Grand-Dad joined in on the fun! 

Amy's dragon and dinosaur costumes she had saved both fit, 
so Case decided he wanted to be a dinosaur for school and a dragon for Halloween. 





So much fun! 

...

The 31st's forecast wasn't looking so great for trick or treating. 
I believe it even called for possible snow. 
I had remembered seeing that our local library branches were all throwing a Halloween party, 
so we asked Kelly & Sydney if they'd like to go with us to one of the parties. 
I figure in case we weren't able to go trick or treating, we would at least have some sort of fun activity to do on the actual day. 

So I helped Case put on his dragon costume, and then went to help Rhett put on his knight costume...
The kid had a fit. 
I mean a flat out, fit.
He did NOT want to wear that costume.
I have no idea why either! It's just a shirt!
He was raking at it, screaming, crying, pulling it off every time I tried to put the shirt over his head!
Besides the fact it was slightly scratchy material, I was cracking up at his resistance! 
It was so strange!
After about a five minute fight, he finally calmed down with teary eyes. 
Silly boy!



Sydney was such a cute little owl!




The library had story time, a parade and then even provided a snack! 
So cute, we had a lot of fun! 



Wouldn't you know I don't have a good picture of them, 
with Case's dragon head actually on his head, next to his knight?

Turns out I wouldn't have a chance to get that picture later that evening either. 
Since it was going to be SO cold, we opted for Case to wear the dinosaur costume again.
He could wear a ton of layers underneath it, and it was a full body costume. 
Rhett ended up being a ninja dude, another costume Amy had saved, since it would fit OVER a coat. 
He cried over that one too! Stinker! 
Avery actually wore my old costume, that had Mom had made when I was little! 
Such a sweet little trio! 
My boys adore their cousins!
Case especially adores Avery, whenever I ask him who his best friend is, he always responds with "Avery."





We met up with, and ran into lots of friends trick or treating! 
We went up and down a few blocks, before Case said. 
"I have enough candy, I ready to go home."
:)

So... Matt and I are loving this trick or treating thing while our kids are still little.
It means lots and lots of candy for Mommy & Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment