Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Lights & Santa Claus!

Keeping up with last years tradition, we headed out to see the Southern Lights and to meet Santa Claus. We had so much fun with Case last year. Little Rhetter man missed out on the trip, well he was only about a month old so I'm not exactly sure how much he actually missed. Ha!

First, we spent the day Christmas shopping, all of us. I love days like that. When Matt and I get up, and get the boys up and ready together. Then, just have plans to spend the entire day together. 

After shopping, we went to Puccinis for pizza. Then added in a new little tradition, we stopped by the Fire Station to see their Christmas show with lights and music. Case absolutely loved it, Rhett was already getting sleepy by this point, since his recent bedtime has turned into 5pm!




After a few songs, we headed out to the horse park. Last year, it had snowed a ton the night we had planned to go, so when we got there, hardly anyone was there. We eased right through the lights, without stopping or waiting. Walked right in to meet Santa, ate without lines, went to the petting zoo, no lines no hassle. This year, it took us about 2 hours (I think, I'll have to check with Matt, he's my time man) to get into the park.
Thankfully, we stopped by the McDonald's by the exit and grabbed a few Peppermint Mocha's before we got in line to even get through the gate. I hadn't been feeling well, we were all getting over sickness/colds and I don't think I would have stayed awake if it weren't for that caffeine!
It wasn't quite as bad as it sounds though, we enjoyed the lights and listening to Christmas music. Rhett fell asleep in the back seat, and Case was totally pumped about each and every thing he saw.






When we made it inside the building, we quickly knew that meeting Santa would be the last thing on our check list for the day. Rhett was about done, and it was getting pretty close to Case's bed time. The line was p-r-e-t-t-y long to meet Santa, Matt and I looked at each other, took a deep breath and committed. We had a few people bail along the way, just made us closer to the big guy in red!

So we are literally next in line, paying for our picture when all of a sudden, a previous excited Case says to me, "I don't want. I don't want to go."
Holy cow.
I quickly tried to convince him that we were just going to say Hi to Santa, and that he needed to tell him what he wanted for Christmas...remember??
I was giving Matt the look, when to my surprise Case walked right up to him, climbed in his lap, looked at the lady taking the pictures and SMILED.
It was a Christmas miracle!!!
Rhett screamed a cried, but if I were him I would totally scream and cry too.


We had such a fun day, our little family of four.
Love making Christmas Memories with our sweet boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment