Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Twenty Five

I turned 25 this year, on July 15 I turned a quarter of a century. 

I still feel like I'm 20, I just don't know how five years have gone by so quickly!
Matt and I's five year wedding anniversary is just around the corner, and we have been so blessed with two unbelievably amazing little boys.

I thought for fun, I would make a list of twenty five things that I absolutely love about my life right now. It will be fun to look back on later in life. 

:)

1. I love that Matt and I kiss each other Good-bye and Good-night every single day. 
2. I love that Case wakes up saying "Mommy!" (even if it is followed by "I need to go pee pee!")
3. I love that Rhetter man sleeps in, and starts jibber jabbing when he is ready to wake up.
4. I love staying home with my boys, I love our little routine.
5. I love our big, crazy, floppy, bull in a china shop Chocolate Lab. 
6. I love talking about the future with Matt, and the places we want to go.
7. I love our church, and getting to know more people in it. 
8. I love knowing that I am being nudged to have a closer relationship with Jesus. 
9. I love that Case prays at night, there is nothing sweeter than hearing your child's voice pray.
10. I love watching Case and Rhett's relationship grow, Rhett is in total awe of Case, and Case loves him so much. 
11. I love how Rhett wrinkles his nose, and smiles SO big when we just look at him! 
12. I love how Rhett scrunches his little face into a square when he cries for something, it is so cute!
13. I love just watching my boys play, and noticing how different they are starting to look from each other.
14. I love when Matt cooks out in the drive way, we have a couple of beers and the boys play in the front yard.
15. I love that I talk to my big sister almost daily, and that we are so close. We can talk about anything. Also love that every person on the planet thinks we are twins.
16. I love decorating, and rearranging the house. I love reading blogs for inspiration, and actually making and trying what I fell in love with.
17. I love that Matt is my best friend, and knows me so well. 
18. I love that Case is such a boy. He loves cars, airplanes, trucks, baseball, baseball hats, running and jumping around like a crazy monkey, and his favorite song is by Brantley Gilbert. LOVE IT! 
19. I love my Country Music, and getting lost in it while doing chores around the house. 
20. I love random country drives with my boys, just the other day we went looking for cows and horses.
21. I love my boys laughs. All three of them. 
22. I love how much Gunner loves our boys, and how much they love him too. He is so sweet with them.
22. I love all of my friends, and so thankful for such wonderful relationships in my life.
23. I love that Matt let's me call him throughout the day, just to ask him something dumb. 
24. I love how excited the boys (and I) get when Matt walks in the door after work. 
25. I love that at the end of the day, I feel so unbelievably blessed and content in my little life.

I am so thankful, for everything that God has given me. So thankful for such a beautiful twenty five years, and so excited for what the future years will bring.

Date night on my birthday was so fun. We had my "niece in law" Shelby Lou watch the boys for us, she is so good with them! 

We were originally going to go to a Legend's Game, but it looked a little rainy when we left so we headed to The Pub for a few beers on the patio. Then, we headed to the Tin Roof for about half an hour...we got to see Ashton Shephard play for a little bit - fun but was too packed and I wasn't really feeling it. Then we drove down to the Penguin a piano bar. We parked in front of it and I just started crying. 
"What is wrong?? It's your birthday don't cry!"
"I just don't want to go to a bar tonight, and I feel old and pathetic! I just want to go to a movie I think, and I just feel so lame and old! I feel like you want to go out and I'm just your boring old wife!"
"Baby, if you want to go sit in a parking lot, or a field and just stare at each other, that is what we will do! All that matters is that we are together,  it's your birthday, I want to do WHATEVER you want to do!"
"Are you sure!?"

Nothing like an emotional break down on your twenty fifth birthday! Ugh! I just couldn't stop crying like a complete idiot! I KNOW that without a doubt I am no where near old, but something about twenty five just got to me. Matt helped me dry my silly tears though, he mentioned Target then a movie and I perked right up. :) 

Other than my melt down, we had an amazing night out. 
So thankful for my sweet hubby, and can't wait for our anniversary trip coming up soon!

4 comments:

  1. Well this makes me feel bad since I jokingly wrote on your wall that you were getting old! Of course I said that in a very sarcastic tone, because to me, you are still so YOUNG!! I had no idea that you were actually feeling old on your 25th birthday!! If it makes you feel better...think how old I am at 30! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! Oh Sarah it's okay! You are SO not old, I don't know what was wrong with me that day, I was being silly! I was upset when I turned 18 too, ha!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls...I am 31 and therefore have you both beat! Liz, I struggled with my 25th too, but couldn't really pinpoint why. I hear ya about going out too...its just not as easy anymore because now I think of sleep more highly than a good time. I always think about all there is to do the next day too. I'm glad yall had a good time and that you have so many things you are thankful for in your 25th year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha!! Yes Lindsy, you pinned the reasons I'm not so into it anymore! A nice evening out with an overnight babysitter (Grandparents yay!) is the only way to go- and that happens maybe once a year! :) HA!

    ReplyDelete