Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sweet Baby Annabelle



Sunday, we went to church with Matt's Mom and Step-Dad in Ashland.  Matt had my phone in his pocket and when leaving said that he had a missed a call from (my very pregnant) friend Kara. I was freaking out saying "WHAT!! REALLY??" then he followed with a big ol' mean "Just kidding!" 

(We talked about it before heading to Ashland, that if Kara were to go into labor we would be leaving so I could be there) :)

So later, I texted Kara...and it went a little bit like this: 

Me: "My husband is so mean, 
we were leaving church in 
Ashland and he had my phone in his
pocket and told me I had missed 
calls from youI was like 
What?? What?? Then he said
"Just kidding!" ugh!!

Kara: Well don't get toooo 
excited but I've been 
having contractions all 
last night and morning. 
We are walking around a 
lot to see if we need to go to hospital

 Me: Yay!!!!! Heee!!!! How far apart are they?

Kara: 5 mins and they suck but 
I don't wanna go and get 
sent home so we are grocery 
shopping right now. It's hard to
walk though so I think
we will have a baby today or tomorrow

Me: Oh my word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Keep walkin' Momma!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a hot mess! I was soo giddy for her! She was 40 weeks on Sunday...so I guess baby girl knew it was time to start making her way into the world! :)

I'm sure I drove her crazy with all my texts wanting updates, until I finally got one from Kevin saying "Hey Liz this is Kevin, we're getting checked in & have not got to see the nurse yet. We're getting excited about baby!" I replied with something along the lines of "Ahhhhhhhhh!!! Okay yay!! We are in the car heading home from Ashalnd! Tell her I love her! Keep us posted!"

Well, come to find out later, her labor was progressing pretty slowly. They ended up giving her an option to stay over night in the hospital, or to head back home and try again in the morning. So she opted to go home and sleep in her own bed. 

The next morning, after me driving her ABSOLUTELY crazy with texting her and calling her trying to find out what was going on - I got the news that they were in fact going back in...and that my sweet friend was in a lot of pain. 

I was itching to go to the hospital, Matt had headed out to play some golf (knowing that I might call him and make him come home) and when I head the news that she had progressing quickly, I made that call. My sweet hubby was on hole 12 at the golf course when I called him and told him I needed to go to the hospital!

It was so...I can't even think of a word to describe it. It was just so different being there in the hospital on the other side of things.  After being a Momma, and watching one of your very best friends become a Momma for the first time was just so emotional and wonderful, and amazing.

I hated seeing her work through the contractions - because I knew. I knew how bad it hurt, and I just wanted to do it for her, it was so hard being so helpless while she went through each contraction!
She was unbelievably amazing though - she was so strong!

Then, around 10:30pm they came to check her and she was 10 cm! Doctor said to give it about 30 minutes, and he would be in.We got kicked out around 11pm so she could start pushing...her Mom and I lost it when we left the room. I couldn't hold back the tears knowing that she was about to meet her daughter for the very first time so soon! 

Then around 12:45 we got the word...
Baby Annabelle was here!!!

(First picture of her we got, via iPhone!)

Annabelle Brooke Bastin
8 lbs 20.5 in long
12:22 am
May 31, 2011

Momma said she wanted a May baby, and she got one, just in time! :)




She's perfect.

1 comment: