Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

This past weekend has been so much fun! 
Jam packed full of birthday celebrations, rummage sales, golf, cook outs, and a brand new baby! 

Matt and Papaw's birthdays are pretty close to each other, so we always try to get together to celebrate together. Papaw turned 80 this year, and Matt will be 29 tomorrow! :)

So, we headed to Ashland to stay for a couple of nights. Saturday morning, Matt and Roger (Matt's Step-Dad) headed out early to play golf. Meanwhile, Sally (Matt's Mom) and I packed up the boys to hit the rummage sales. I LOVE rummage sales in Ashland. I seem to be especially lucky there! This time I found two gorgeous old windows, I can't wait to hang them with a book wreath or something on top of them. (I'm sure there will be pictures to come!)

Driving home from the sales, both boys fell asleep in their car seats so she took a scenic route home, and at a stop sign she said "Oh look! Roll down your window!" All you could see for what seemed like miles down the road was honey suckle. We just stopped and breathed it all in for a few minutes. It was so gorgeous - and smelled even better. 

So, after getting home (and after a few failed attempts for a nap for Case - he was way too excited to be at Nanny & Poppy's house) Nanny took him out to the side of their property to taste some honeysuckle. 






Is there anything better than honeysuckle in the summer? 

Saturday, we had burgers on the grill with some pretty yummy ice cream cake. It was so nice to be able to celebrate with everyone! 

Followed by a walk to Mamaw & Papaw's house, and baseball in the front yard. :)






Sweet Katie Dog. 


Kate & Ethel




 I love this picture! I just wish Rhett was in it! But I think Rhett was pretty comfortable in Nanny's arms...


:)






It's always great to see family, and we had such a fun weekend with everyone! 
We even got to see Matt's Step-Sisters Erica & Kelli right before we headed back home, they spent the rest of the weekend there in Ashland. I know Nanny, Poppy, Mamaw & Papaw were in heaven getting to see lots of family that weekend. :)

As we were packing up to leave...I got the call that one of my very best friends Kara was headed into the hospital with contractions! Baby Annabelle was on her way!

No comments:

Post a Comment