Friday, January 28, 2011

Leitchfield & Denver

Matt had a conference coming up for work. The same conference that he was supposed to attend in Cincinnati when I was 39 weeks pregnant - but didn't. This time it wasn't in Cincinnati though, it was in DENVER! 

One of Matt's favorite places in the world is Colorado, but sadly he wasn't able to ski this trip. His conference was 8 hours a day, Wednesday through Friday, and unfortunately the ski resorts close around 4 or 5pm. 
He had fun though, he really enjoyed the conference, had a beautiful view from his hotel, went to a rodeo (so jealous!) and met some cool guys along the way. (I love that about my husband, he knows no strangers)

So with Matt flying out Tuesday afternoon, and not coming back until Saturday - I was sort of panicked about being by myself with the boys for that long! I know I could of handled it but those days would have been super super long. We had already planned to go visit my Granny the weekend before, and I figured I could just stay that week and hang out with Mom and Dad since they would be at Granny's too... but Matt couldn't go. He had to get so much done before being out of the office for three days, he ended up working Saturday AND Sunday. Amy and Avery were going to visit Granny too, so the boys and I packed up and left Friday afternoon. Which meant I was spending eight days away from my Matty. EIGHT DAYS! 

 I was a hot mess! I cried Thursday night and Friday morning. Being away from Matt is never easy, and especially now that we have two sweet boys in the mix! 

The boys and I had fun at Granny's though, Case loved spending time with Mimi and Avery for a couple of days, and Amy and I had too much fun being crazy sisters! :) We were excited to hang out with Mom and Dad too, we haven't seen them every day like this since vacation last year!

Getting to visit with Granny & our family in Leitchfield was so nice, it had been too long! 






There was some brother bonding time...




Rhett grew a few inches, and gained a few pounds...Ha! :)






Case and Grand-dad has SO much fun playing in the snow, and walking to get Granny's mail every day. 






By the time Saturday rolled around, we were more than ready to pick Matt up from the airport. I was so excited I could hardly stand it. I couldn't wait to see him, and I know Case and Rhett missed their Daddy as much as I did. By the grace of God, I made it to the Louisville airport without getting lost! :) I did have to drive through the parking garage first because I was in the wrong lane, but I made it! Ha! I told Matt it just wouldn't have been right if I didn't mess up somehow! When I parked and saw Matt walking up behind me in the rear view mirror I was so giddy I could hardly control myself! I jumped out of that car as fast as I could and ran into his arms! 

Our weeks apart were fun for both of us, but being back together by the end of the week was by far the best part. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment