Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I love Summer!

Summer is my favorite. 

What's been going on: 
Matt turned 28, he is so funny, he kept asking me how old he was turning, he kept forgetting. We spent the night in Ashland for his birthday, the visit was too short for us but we needed to get back for him to work the lights at church. (They are training someone new so hopefully he'll get some weekends off soon!) :)  
  
We had so much fun at Nanny and Poppy's, even on such a short trip, and we got to see all the fun things Case got to do when they watched him the weekend before!
   


 For his actual birthday on Wednesday, I got up early and cooked him bacon, eggs and biscuits, then made Chicken Lasagna for dinner (with salad and bread sticks) and made him brownies for desert. I figured cooking would be the best present of all since I've been absent in the kitchen for quite some time now! 

    • The pool has opened and Case and I are taking full advantage! I got to hang out with Cy, Griffin and Avery all day last Friday and we went to Southland pool (the big one in town with fountains, a slide the whole thing) Case was a little overwhelmed but I think he'll get used to it! The big kids love it there! So much fun! He is loving our little neighborhood pool, it's teeny and his favorite thing is to climb in and out and in and out. :)


    • Case experienced his first Legends Game! 
    Matt and I were sitting around one night, and I was browsing the internet trying to think of something fun to do with Case man, and then I remembered our Lexington Legends Baseball Team! It's such a fun environment, very family friendly so we had planned to go in a couple of weekends. Well, then I find out from my sister that Avery is going to be announced with the players that Friday with her T-Ball Team and they could get us tickets and we could sit with Amy and the boys and everyone, so that's what we did! It was a little stressful keeping a 20 month old contained in a teeny area for so long, but he finally figured out his limits within the seats and we all ended up having so much fun!

    +
    Oh, have I mentioned that Case L-O-V-E-S baseball? He is now throwing the ball, and when waiting for you to throw it back to him he gets into batting position. :) 

    • My niece Avery turned 7 this month! We were double booked for cookouts for Miss Avery's birthday and my friend Kara's house warming party. So, we hopped parties but I wish we could have been at both parties the entire time! I'm so sad I missed out on Avery's birthday party, from what I heard though she had a blast and squealed when opening all of her presents! The next day was her Ballet Recital! I LOVE her recitals I look forward to them every year. It's so amazing to see how much she has grown each year...she looked like such a grown up this time...and absolutely gorgeous.
    That evening Mamaw and Papaw drove up to visit, they hung out with the boys while I went to Avery's recital toddler free (thank goodness!) and then we met for dinner at Logan's. (Yum!) Case turned on his charm and was saying "Hi" and "Bye" to everyone that passed by, there was even a sweet lady in a electronic wheelchair that insisted she took him on a ride! It was priceless and Case was grinning ear to ear! It was so good to see Mamaw and Papaw, we laughed all through dinner at our little comedian.  :)
    • and...of course Summer means Popsicles
    (and then you can catch some really great faces and pictures) :)
     
    Matt and I are absolutely LOVING watching our little man soak everything in this summer, he's getting SO big.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment