Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Baby # 2 Updates!

Well baby number two is making more of an appearance these days. 

My belly has definitely popped out and I think I'm almost out of that weird stage where you know people are thinking..."I wonder if she's pregnant...but it's not noticeable enough to ask..." I did have a friend of Amy's ask me at church a couple of weekends ago, she said she saw me rubbing my belly so she knew it was safe to ask, she also said that when she saw me at the ball park she noticed I wasn't as little as I always was. HA!

Well we had a Doctor's appointment yesterday! (June 7) I got to take Case man and Avery Grace with me (I'm watching Avery this week because her boys have baseball camp) I was so excited that they got to come with me to hear the baby's heartbeat! I ended up being SO happy that Avery was with me because if she wasn't there to help me entertain little man I probably would have gone insane. We had to wait literally 20 minutes (20 minutes = an entire eternity when you have a 20 month old trying to open all the drawers including the ones that say "Bio hazard" and running around like a crazy person)

So...finally we hear the knock, and Dr. Youkilis comes in, he was so sweet with Case, tickling him and making him laugh. He told me Case could sit on my lap while we listened to the heartbeat, and Avery got to sit very close and we all lit up when we heard that precious sound. Case kept looking at me and smiling :) Dr. Youkilis told me the heartbeat was 150 which was normal and great. 

Then he told me he wanted to wait and have our 20 week screening (ultrasound) in 5 weeks instead of 4 (he said the baby's heart would be a little bigger and easier to measure then...
Me: "Ohhh my gosh, are you serious, you are killing me! We are dying to find out what this baby is!" 
Dr: "Okay, well you are skinny so it should be fine, we'll compromise and do 4 1/2 weeks"
"Okay that works" 
(and um thanks for the skinny word!)
:)

They ended up scheduling it for 5 1/2 weeks at the desk instead of 4 1/2 weeks, and we didn't realize it until that night, so I called first thing this morning and got it fixed...I am so impatient with finding this out! 
So...if baby boy or girl cooperates on July 8th, we might be able to announce that we know which one it is!!!
(I might just have to have my first Starbucks of this pregnancy to make sure he/she is up and at 'em)
:)

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts and seeing all the new pictures. I can't wait to see your bump.

    ReplyDelete