Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Updates on the House!

I just wanted to put these on here for me, life is going by so fast these days, and I know that when we have moved on from this house I will enjoy looking back on these pictures! :) 

Plus it's always fun to look at pictures of hard work and home improvements! 


Here is our Yard Work! Matt and I (mostly Matt) mulched and pulled weeds, and Matt pulled all of the overgrown and half dead shrubs, and massive amounts of ivy in the backyard! 



Remember our nightmare of a kitchen flood? Well after about a month of ripped up floors, LOUD industrial fans, and one heck of a mess...it's finally finished and looks beautiful!

Above:
I had to share my unbelievable deal at a yard sale! Case and I ventured out on Saturday morning, and I saw this gorgeous rug rolled up, hesitantly I asked the owner how much she wanted for it...and she replied "Ohh, I don't know five bucks" 
"This rug?!?" (I know it was the worst thing a "bargainer" could do, I just couldn't hide my shock! I was fully prepared to spend my $50 in cash I had brought to buy this gorgeous thing!
So, I quickly said "Okay I'll take it!" and with a little carpet deodorizer, a few good vacuums, this rug was as good as new! I think it fits in perfectly with our living room, and I still can't believe I paid a measly $5 for such a beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment