Monday, March 22, 2010

Aunt Ruth

I want to write this down, because I always want to remember it. 

My Aunt Ruth, the one who shares my birthday, July 15th, was that family member that was just so fun, and was always a joy to be around. We would get together every year for a "Birthday Bash" and get together with all of the family living in Winchester. My Aunt Ruth, Uncle Frank and their boys, wives and children. 

She was always so feisty, and down right funny. She always had pictures, either bringing them or taking them at our house, and she was always yelling at Uncle Frank to record what was going on. They had this huge video camera...Vonda even mentioned that in the eulogy. 

Aunt Ruth passed away March 14, 2010. It broke a tremendous amount of hearts.
Aunt Ruth and my Uncle Frank are such amazing people. Their sons and wives are good people, so easy to talk to and so sweet. Their kids are growing like weeds. It makes me so sad that we spent so little time with them each year, I wish our once a year birthday bash wasn't the only planned visit. 

Aunt Ruth's visitation and funeral were overwhelmingly sad, but also overwhelmingly beautiful. She touched so many lives, and it was evident in that room. My sister and I cried through the whole funeral, Uncle Frank was heartbroken, he said things like "She was the best wife a man could have, I loved every single day with her", "God told me that my job in life was to take care of her, and I guess now my job is over" and "You know she's forgot all about me up there in heaven, she'll slow down in a little while and remember me, but she's having too much fun right now" (Love him!) her sons told Amy and I how much she loved us and talked about us. We had no idea she had pictures of us by her bedside table, and talked about our children along with her grandchildren. She was so unbelievably amazing. 

I want to remember her faith, and her love of life and her family. She makes me want to love hard and relentlessly. She also reminded me that we can't do it all, that we have to give what we can't control over to Jesus, and that he is always there for us. I also want to remember something she had hand written in her bible about her children. "I carried you under my heart, and now I carry you in my heart"


What an amazing woman to look up to.
We will miss you Aunt Ruth. 
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment