Monday, April 27, 2009

It All Started When Two People Fell In Love

It all began on a late September evening in 2005, when I set eyes on my future husband. I was at a friend's house warming party, when my friend and I randomly decided to head over to another friends house...and there he was! I remember thinking he was SO cute, handsome, country...and the first thing I said to him was "Oh my gosh! You are my soul mate!" (NO JOKE!) Now, granted I had a few beers in me, and the reason behind it was because he had a case of Corona's in hand...but I like to think I knew what I was talking about. :)

We had a magical night, we talked, we laughed, we even played football...in the rain. :) We were inseparable from that night on. I knew he was a gentlemen when he called to make sure I got home alright that night. Then literally saw each other every single day for the next few weeks.  We had lunch on campus, we went golfing, we went to dinner and a movie - that was when we had our first kiss. :) He asked me to be his girlfriend at his favorite bar Redmons, and that soon became our favorite place!

Over the next couple of months we fell head over heels in love with each other. We were even talking marriage and life long plans! I remember thinking that my family would think I was crazy if I told them we were already talking about spending the rest of our lives together. However, much to my surprise I told my Mom and my sister one evening and they were so excited and supportive! I knew then that it really was meant to be. I know people thought we were crazy, but as corny as it sounds...you really do just "know" when you find the right one. 

We were so right for one another, and we were just so happy we had found each other! He fit right in with my family, I went home with him to Ashland to meet his Mom and grand-parents within the first two weeks, we both loved each other's families and everything just fell into place!

On January 2, 2006 Matt and I headed to Telluride, CO for a ski trip, and the first evening of the trip he had "WILL YOU MARRY ME!" written on the ski slope outside of our balcony...got down on one knee and proposed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment