Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The First Few Weeks















The first few weeks were chaotic but amazing. We had so many visitors at the hospital which made our stay just so much fun and memorable. The nurses at Central Baptist were so sweet, I felt like I had 3 Mama's taking care of me from shift to shift. We also took full advantage of the over night nursery, since we knew it would be a different story when we got this brand new baby boy home!

We had help at home though as well, we had a full house for the first three weeks, with visitors coming and going. Matt and I loved it though, if the house was empty for a few hours we were thinking...."Ok where is everyone?"

Matt took off that first week and we lounged, took it easy, ordered in food and enjoyed our baby. That second week, Matt's Mom came into town and stayed with us to help take care of Case and I while Matt headed back to work. She was so much help, and it was so much fun getting to spend an entire week with her. The time spent was so wonderful, and I was so excited that she was able to take off to spend some quality time with her first grand-baby! :)


It is my Mom and Dad's fourth grand-baby! Mom helped me as well, I made her help me with Case's first bath, and I think I called her about 100 times throughout the first month with all of those questions you have with a new baby.


My sister has three children so of course I called her about 100 times as well! It was so much fun watching my two nephews and neice with my baby! They were so sweet with him, they wanted to hold him all the time, Cy, Griffin and Avery would just stare at him and smile...I have a bazillion pictures it was just so sweet!
My brother Ryan and his wife Virginia also came to visit, they even made it down the day I had him which was so nice, and it was so sweet seeing Ryan holding him....we can't wait for the day they have a little one!



We are so blessed and thankful for all of our family and friends, and will always remember how involved they were in helping us welcome Case Matthew Williams into this world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment