Friday, January 10, 2014

It's a...

GIRL!!! 


We had our Anatomy Scan today, 
and were SO excited to find out what this baby was!
After Case was diagnosed with type A flu on Tuesday, 
we were a little worried that we would have to reschedule. 

So thankful for answered prayers, 
Case stayed fever free since Thursday morning, 
so as a nurse confirmed, 
if fever free for 24 hours he was a okay to get out and about. 

SO, 
we got to keep our Friday morning ultrasound, 
Case man got to go with us, and my sister ended up watching the Rhetter man. 

All night long I dreamt it was a boy, 
I could see our little boy, with a blue hat on, 
we were in the hospital and I had just delivered. 
He was a cutie, and we were totally in love. 

This morning, while drying my hair, 
I had a little convo with my belly, 
"Alright little baby, what are you? Boy or girl?" 

This whole time I definitely didn't have a strong feeling either way, 
but every time I was convinced we would have another little baseball player,
there was something in the back of my mind saying that it might be a girl.  

After dropping the Rhett man off, 
Case and I swung by Starbucks. 
I ordered him a box of chocolate milk,
and myself a 1/2 reg 1/2 decaf non fat white chocolate mocha. 

Then we headed for our hospital for our appointment. 
Daddy was meeting us there. 

By this point, I'm not sure if it was my coffee, the sugar, 
or my nerves but I was a jumpy jittery hot mess. 
We headed to the ultrasound room, 
where I was informed I needed to go pick up the a form first from my Doctor's office. 
So Case and I headed there, then came back to the ultrasound office. 
Left my coffee at the window, so had to go BACK to the Doctor's office. 
Came back to ultrasound office. 
Daddy texting me "What floor??"
(I accidentally told him the wrong one, because I apparently have blonde roots and can never remember what flipping floor it is. In my defense though it's very confusing if you come in from the parking garage)
Daddy comes in. Tells me he knew it was the 4th floor, not the 3rd. Ha!
Mommy spills coffee. 
Mommy is hot and starting to sweat.
Mommy can't stop talking. 
Mommy needs to CHILL. 
Mommy makes Daddy take coffee. 
OH my word. 

So she calls us back and I swear I felt like I was about to explode. 
I told her Ihaddrankalotofcoffeebutipromiseiwouldhavebeenthishyperevenwithoutcoffeebutididn'tdrinktoomuch
sohopefullybabyisnttoocrazybutjustawakeenoughtotelluswhatheorsheis. 

This is when Matt pats my shoulder smiling, 
and says "Calm down, baby." 
"I know, I know I need to chill! Sorry!" 

I'm annoying MYSELF just reading this, 
can't imagine how she dealt with me! Ha! 

So she measured baby's heart chambers, legs, stomach, 
and then says, 
"So are you ready to find out what baby is?"
"Yes!"
"It's a baby girl!" 
"Are you sure?? Because I have two boys!"
"Yup! Right there, all girl" 
"Oh my gosh!!!" 

Well, all promises of me being calm go out the window! 
I'm laughing, starting to cry, looking at Matt...OH MY WORD!!! 
Did she just say it was a girl?! 
She and my husband had to remind me to sit still again, so she could finish measuring. :)

Afterward, I hugged her and thanked her over and over again, 
and apologized for being a hot mess. 
She was sweet, and I was thankful she put up with me! 
I felt like a crazy person! 

We headed over to see Dr. Y,
he said everything in the ultrasound looked perfect, 
all of the measurements looked great. 
Congratulated us, laughed at us telling our story of how I was a hot mess,
and told us we'd see him in a month. 

NOW TO CALL PEOPLE! 
Couldn't wait to share the news, 
so so so exciting. 

{I do have to say I was a teeny bit sad about losing the idea of 3 crazy boys, 
and we loved our boy name we picked out, but soo giddy about adding a precious baby girl to our family!}

Called, texted, posted until my phone was almost dead and I was exhausted. 

So thankful for all of the wonderful people in our lives to share our news with. 
 Now I am ready to paint, decorate, and get ready to meet this precious baby girl!!! 
Feels so surreal! 

p.s.
95% sure on  
Adley Kate Williams 
Already so in love with our daughter. 
Our daughter.




3 comments:

  1. Girl, I am over the moon excited for y'all. I know exactly how you feel because I felt the same when we found out about Grey (shock that melted into overwhelming excitement and joy). Her name is lovely - my middle is Avery Cate so incredibly similar rolling off the tongue. Congrats just doesn't say enough - hugs through the screen sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Loved this. So happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sweet ladies!!!

    Agree Lindsy, very similar sounding, love it so much, love the C in your Cate too, want to keep it a K to name her after my Mom's middle name, but soo pretty! Looks pretty on paper too!!

    Sarah, you will have to do fun girly things with us for sure!!

    ReplyDelete