Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving in Ashland

We headed to Ashland Wednesday afternoon,
Matt took the whole day off before Thanksgiving which was so nice!
 
 
Boys were excited about going to Nanny & Poppy's house!
We had fun checking out their brand new RV,
and watching Christmas movies on Netflix.
Matty helped his Mom make broccoli casserole,
and we ordered pizza, since Sally had cooked all day long!
 
Well baby didn't like pizza apparently,
sooo nausea plus a cold made for a pretty miserable night
spent in the bathroom, on top of not being able to breathe.
Yuck!
 
Thankfully symptoms let up in the morning, and I felt much better!
Man, with the boys I felt 90% better around 10 weeks.
Come on little baby in my belly!! ;)
 
I convinced the boys to stay in their room until about 8am
playing with their closet full of toys at Nanny & Poppy's
...
since they woke up around 6am!!!
 
Then it was play, play play!
 










 
We had packed the boys snow gear,
(some of which we just received from a sweet family at church!)
so with the promise of sledding,
we bundled up and headed out!
The boys had a BLAST, and so did Mommy & Daddy watching them!
 


 
Oh my gosh, Rhett was cracking us up,
he's a lot lighter than Case, and kept hitting those leaves at the bottom of the hill,
and flipping!
Laughing, and carrying his sled up to do it again!
 
The boys were adorable taking turns, and helping each other up the hill.
Rhett ended up getting a little nervous,
it was his turn again and he said,
"No it scary. I not going."
So we had Daddy go to the bottom of the hill and catch them after that,
and every time Case went down Rhett would run down and say
"You okay Chase??" (he calls him Chase ;)
 
I love watching them having so much fun!
I love sledding.
Hands down one of the best things about winter. 
 
I, however, need to get some boots with some traction,
I just about busted my butt over and over, baby and I had to stay at the top of the hill!

 
Love my boys. So much.
 

 
...
 
Then it was inside for Rhett's nap,
and finishing up Thanksgiving prep to do lists.
 
Rhett was still snoozing as we ate dinner,
which I promise was better.
Nanny had nice china out, and I would have been a nervous wreck!
:)
 
The food was delicious, and the table setting was beautiful.
 




 

 
We enjoyed spending time with our Ashland family,
& came home with lots of yummy left overs!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment